Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [stivrunning] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am working with my LBS in the UK to get the pedals and it turned out to be far more complicated than what we were expecting.

The main distributor of Garmin in the UK to bike shops (Madison) has put has put some very strict conditions on orders for the Vector 3s. They (Madison) claim it is part of a coordinated effort with Garmin to prevent Wiggle from buying up all the pedals and then under-cutting the brick and mortar stores. However the terms and conditions require a big upfront investment by shops and its going to be tough for many of the smaller shops to justify the terms and conditions. A few of the larger chains e.g. Evans have a slightly different arrangement but their arrangement means they will get units much later than the shops supplied by Madison.

My advice would be to go into a few stores and ask questions about who can order what. I know that Madison was claiming last week to have units within the UK you just need to find a store who is willing to order you one.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those who have theirs already (I've ordered mine through an LBS and will hopefully have them end of next week), or older versions of the Vector, I had a question about the cycling dynamics. I'm curious about these metrics, but use an older Garmin head unit (510, which I don't believe has the option to display them). Can I still see the cycling dynamics data when I pull the files into Garmin Connect, or only if the device with which the pedals are paired is compatible?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll find out on the cycling dynamics question for you once I get a chance. I received mine and preliminary results are very positive. Unlike my Vector 2 pedals (since sold) the Vector 3 pedals are damn near spot with my SRM data. At most I'm looking at a few watts of difference and that is due to different locations from which they are reading power. I am super impressed and happy about this. Very very nice!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [ClarkWGriz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ClarkWGriz wrote:
Has anyone that has received their Vector 3's had an issue pairing them to the Mobile Garmin Connect? I have successfully paired them to my Edge 520 but can not get them to pair with my phone for some reason.

Yep, 30 minutes of trying everything.... I gave up, paired them over ANT+ to Zwift (worked), over ANT+ to the Edge 520 (worked), went though all the settings on the 520 (crank length, etc)..... then magically Garmin Connect Mobile worked. The struggle was real.... and up on YouTube once I have a little more data from them.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, at least I know I am not the only one as I was starting to question if they were defective.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shane Millar review...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5xD57HxHKw

Hamish Ferguson: Cycling Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [Kiwicoach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kiwicoach wrote:
Shane Millar review...

his nod to DCR was absolutely awesome.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
Kiwicoach wrote:
Shane Millar review...

his nod to DCR was absolutely awesome.

Shane's a good egg and is doing awesome work.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7summits wrote:
Mike J wrote:
Anyone know why the big delay for releasing the Garmin Vector 3? Was planning to purchase for winter training but concerned...

In case anyone is interested....bicycle doctor has them in stock and are selling them for $810 shipped. Just bought a pair today. Thought it was a pretty good deal.

Forgot to mention this is where I got mine from as well and Steve was still running the $810 shipped deal. Had another ride with them today and once again I am extremely impressed. I rode for about 3 hours and checking the Vector 3 data against my SRM the tracking between the two is spot on, with the Vector showing consistently about 4 watts higher.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClarkWGriz wrote:
Has anyone that has received their Vector 3's had an issue pairing them to the Mobile Garmin Connect? I have successfully paired them to my Edge 520 but can not get them to pair with my phone for some reason.

No issue. I received mine last night and had it paired with GCM in no time. I was just out browsing on the Garmin Forum and was reading where someone else was having issues pairing the Vector 3 and it was suggested that when you enter in the ID for the pedals, use the ID off the left pedal (which is what I did). Not sure why it would matter but it's something to try.
Last edited by: sharkd: Dec 19, 17 10:11
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [sharkd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still can't get mine to pair with my phone, I am using the mobile app on the IPhone. Were you using Iphone or Android?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pair it to a Garmin or Zwift or something over Ant+ and set the crank length and calibrate. After that it will connect to the Garmin app over Bluetooth without issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have already done that, it is paired to my Garmin 520 and works fine with it. Just can't connect to the Garmin mobile app for some reason. Not really a big deal I guess but would be nice to have it work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you running the newest version of Garmin Connect? Also, you have to have location services turned on on your phone.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Vector 3 [Mike J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am in Australia and got a pair sent from the USA in late November.
Free postage also, so saved about $200AU.
Quote Reply

Prev Next