Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ryan thinking of going [ironmayb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think he would have a chance of being voted out or even being blamed for the wave. But when you are put in a leadership position and see that position coming to an end it makes you think about your overall future in an organization.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan thinking of going [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
I don't think he would have a chance of being voted out or even being blamed for the wave. But when you are put in a leadership position and see that position coming to an end it makes you think about your overall future in an organization.

I agree , thanks for the clarifier. Sorry I saw what you were saying different
Last edited by: ironmayb: Dec 14, 17 12:48
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan thinking of going [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Why is the in U.S. do they term any form of government/social assistance an "entitlement", or "entitlements"?

It's an interesting choice of words. From the get-go it has a rather negative connotation and sound to it - for those that are receiving this sort of help.

In no other western democratic country do I hear this terminology used to describe government help/assistance.

I think it's sort of a structural term as relates to how the money is authorized, in that once it's set in place it basically just keeps going forward on auto-pilot like alimony, where it would take an act of congress to de-authorize or change it (of course not referring down to the level of individual awards or determination of benefits). Contrast with 'discretionary' spending more like the military, where you essentially start from zero each budget cycle (obviously some money is committed up front to retaining existing personnel & facilities, etc) and have to decide how many tanks, planes, and paper clips to buy each year, and/or which bases to keep operating vs closing up shop.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan thinking of going [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still think there is a chance he will be president someday, like in the next year or two...

I agree and if he resigns, it's simply a calculation that being associated with Trump is going to harm him so he wants to break free from that noose.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan thinking of going [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jones vs Ryan in 2020. Despite the fact neither have executive experience that would be a much better choice than 2016
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And if you believe that wave (if it occurs) will be laid at anyone's feet except for Trump, then you must be new to this forum.

Who should take the blame if the Democrats win big in 2018 or 2020?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
And if you believe that wave (if it occurs) will be laid at anyone's feet except for Trump, then you must be new to this forum.

Who should take the blame when the Democrats win big in 2018 or 2020?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

I'll leave you and CG to your Martin and Lewis jerk off
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McConnell and Trump. Funny thing from the Alabama exit polls is McConnell had an equal disapproval rating from both Jones and Moore voters.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan thinking of going [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
McConnell and Trump. Funny thing from the Alabama exit polls is McConnell had an equal disapproval rating from both Jones and Moore voters.

if the shellacking is anything like Obama's first mid term I don't think McConnell will move the needle. It will be 99% Trump (of which at least 50-75% is probably justified).

But a lot depends on the next year. If they don't pass taxes or much of anything else then I would see blame spread far more.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan thinking of going [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:

As above
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan thinking of going [tyrod1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why stay? I don't think he is going to have a problem finding a job. I am sure one of the mega corporations or wealthy individuals can use the tax savings he bestowed upon them to pay him a pittance of a salary.
Quote Reply
Re: Ryan thinking of going [tri_yoda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Likely running for prez in 2024. Tax cuts will lead to just what Reagan needed to do. Raise taxes in a few years and he will run against the Dem who likely supports some increases.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

So if the Dems win big in 2018 and/or 2020, you don't think it will have nothing to do with Trump?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

So if the Dems win big in 2018 and/or 2020, you don't think it will have nothing to do with Trump?

If you think it will be laid at anyone's feet EXCEPT Trump would imply that I think it will be laid ENTIRELY at his feet.......and that will most likely be mostly justified depending on what happens in the next year

Can I clear up anything else?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the Republicans lose it will be almost all because of Trump because he will have ignited the Democrat opposition, in the same way that Clinton engaged the Republicans to defeat the Democrats in 2016.

There might be some blame on the Republicans for not having a healthcare plan in place but that would fall on those in Congress. It is Trump and his antics that could mobilize people to vote for anyone but a Republican.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
If the Republicans lose it will be almost all because of Trump because he will have ignited the Democrat opposition, in the same way that Clinton engaged the Republicans to defeat the Democrats in 2016.

There might be some blame on the Republicans for not having a healthcare plan in place but that would fall on those in Congress. It is Trump and his antics that could mobilize people to vote for anyone but a Republican.

So is there something different between that and that it will be ENTIRELY laid at his feet, except for your need to jerk yourself off again?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

So is there something different between that and that it will be ENTIRELY laid at his feet, except for your need to jerk yourself off again?

Why is it that every time someone says anything remotely critical of your Donald, you start with personal attacks?

I said it will be all of Trump's fault and that there **MIGHT** be some blame on the GOP **Congress** for not passing the healthcare bill but that would only impact the House and Senate. If the Republicans lose the Whitehouse in 2020, it is 100% on Trump.

Okay, you may now proceed with personal attacks since I put the blame on your man even though you think he's an idiot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Why is it that every time someone says anything remotely critical of your Donald, you start with personal attacks?

I said it will be all of Trump's fault and that there **MIGHT** be some blame on the GOP **Congress** for not passing the healthcare bill but that would only impact the House and Senate. If the Republicans lose the Whitehouse in 2020, it is 100% on Trump.

Okay, you may now proceed with personal attacks since I put the blame on your man even though you think he's an idiot.[/quote

why is it you feel the need to join a thread to restate almost exactly what has already been said
You did nothing here other than repeat what has already been said by more than one person (go back and read the thread)
Quote Reply

Prev Next