Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I feel I must stand up for Trump for once... [jwbeuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jwbeuk wrote:
I suggest you tell Time magazine and every other media outlet who covered the church shooting in Texas. All listed 26 as having been killed. The 26 included an unborn baby.

Of course the bigger number helped the media better sell gun control, so I guess you have that...

LorenzoP wrote:
being pro-abortion is not pro killing babies, it means giving people the choice to terminate a pregnancy, to terminate (or) kill a fetus. It's not killing a baby, it's a fetus.

Because the majority of states, Texas included, have fetal homicide laws on the books. Still doesn't change the fact - despite what you might wish for - that abortion is currently legal in this country.
Quote Reply
Re: I feel I must stand up for Trump for once... [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Hint viability is 21 weeks.
Not in my case. We had a nonviable fetus at that gestation. First diagnosis wasn't until 18 weeks and it took two more weeks to get full confirmation. Saddest time in my life, but fortunately we lived in an area where the decisions were between us and our doctors.
Quote Reply
Re: I feel I must stand up for Trump for once... [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I don't know how people manage to live their lives while listening to/watching mainstream news. Even just catching brief whiffs of this idiocy makes my stomach churn and temper flare. I cannot stand the tribal and completely blind nature of modern politics.

I can make it through around 15 seconds of national news (from almost any source) before wondering a) how the hell it passes as what was traditionally seen as 'news', and b) turning it off in disgust and wondering why the hell I turned it on in the first place.

It isn't news any more. "News" has become 90% editorial type opinion pieces. The majority of people can't discern these from factual reporting because of their confirmation bias. But who can blame them them that's all they see any more? Fox used to be the worst at this, but now CNN and others have become just as bad.

"News" as we now see it is no longer neutral and people are gravitating to the outlet that spews out garbage that agrees with their biases. Facts be damned. Warren Buffet has said "You're neither right nor wrong because other people agree with you. You're right because your facts are right and your reasoning is right—and that's the only thing that makes you right."

It's a sad state of affairs. I recommend going on a "low information diet".
Quote Reply
Re: I feel I must stand up for Trump for once... [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trieatalot wrote:
And how often does that occur outside the cases where it is necessary to protect the life of the mother?

Partial birth abortions are illegal in the US.

Late term abortions are rare.

Very few U.S. women abort after 20 weeks pregnancy. Even with late-term abortion allowed in some parts of the country and under certain circumstances, nearly all abortions performed in the U.S. happen before the end of the second trimester. According to U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data from 2012, 65.8 percent of abortions took place within the first eight weeks of pregnancy, and 91.4 percent occurred within the first 13 weeks. Just 7.2 percent of abortions were performed between 14 and 20 weeks gestation, which means just 1.3 percent of abortions took place at or after 21 weeks pregnancy. And, from 2003 through 2012, the CDC saw a significant shift toward earlier abortions, with the percentage occurring within the first six weeks up 24 percent during the study period. The percentage of abortions occurring at or after 13 weeks, meanwhile, remained relatively consistently throughout the study period and never rose above 9 percent.

Great pointless post. You're basically reaffirming my position
Quote Reply
Re: I feel I must stand up for Trump for once... [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
windywave wrote:
Hint viability is 21 weeks.
Not in my case. We had a nonviable fetus at that gestation. First diagnosis wasn't until 18 weeks and it took two more weeks to get full confirmation. Saddest time in my life, but fortunately we lived in an area where the decisions were between us and our doctors.

I'm sorry for your loss.

I'm not sure how to take your post so I'll just let it be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand. I just bring it up as it was how I personally impacted. Most people think of unwanted pregnancies when they think of abortions. What we learned after our own experience was that as the length of gestation is increased, the odds of it being an unwanted pregnancy are reduced and the odds of it being due to a complication are increased. By the time you hit 20 weeks you pretty much are only dealing with nonviable pregnancies or those that are highly dangerous to the mother.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Late term abortion? Partial birth? The botched ones where the viable baby is killed? Three months sure, 4 to 6 gray area... 6+ you're killing a baby

x2.

The idea that late term and partial birth abortion is killing seems to be lost on people.
Quote Reply
Re: I feel I must stand up for Trump for once... [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/12/politics/usa-today-editorial-analysis/index.html

USA editorial board claims Trump is unfit to clean toilets in the Obama Presidential Library...

I disagree.

I totally think he could be trained for that job.

I'm shocked to learn that Obama had the foresight to put toilets in his library, after all he's not really that much smarter that Trump! At least he has someone almost qualified to clean them! Almost!
Quote Reply

Prev Next