Prev Next
Re: Amazon Alexa vs Google Home [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Genius.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Amazon Alexa vs Google Home [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Someone got me an Echo for Christmas. I am ready to return it. So far it has spent the morning trying to get my kids to sign up for a $10/month music service.

Still don’t see anything that I can do that I can’t already do handsfree with my phone. And to get all that to work I have to spend hours setting up all kinds of new apps and accounts.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazon Alexa vs Google Home [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
No thanks. No desire to have what is essentially an open microphone in my home always listening and helping companies track my spending and interest habits. Maybe they already have all that info, but I figure I have to draw the line somewhere.

I feel the same way. Regrettably, I received one for Christmas and the kids love it. Now I'm online trying to see if I can control when the damn microphone is on.
Quote Reply
Re: Amazon Alexa vs Google Home [Perseus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perseus wrote:
slowguy wrote:
No thanks. No desire to have what is essentially an open microphone in my home always listening and helping companies track my spending and interest habits. Maybe they already have all that info, but I figure I have to draw the line somewhere.

I feel the same way. Regrettably, I received one for Christmas and the kids love it. Now I'm online trying to see if I can control when the damn microphone is on.
I received a Show as a gift some months ago and use it to listen to music. Hopefully I will soon get an alarm system that is compatible with Alexa so that I can watch what is going on around the house.

Prev Next