Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Snowy Night at the Airport
Quote | Reply
And that means all the flights are late leaving town.

This guy's finally leaving, about an hour late. And he's going to need some deicing out at "the pad." Of course, it's backed up as well, so the people on the plane might be lucky to get airborne by midnight. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Snowy Night at the Airport [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

This guy's finally leaving, about an hour late. And he's going to need some deicing out at "the pad." Of course, it's backed up as well, so the people on the plane might be lucky to get airborne by midnight. ;-)

Took my last flight of the year this AM. CLE - LGA.
So happy for a rest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I flew out of Toronto on Friday and now in the Philippines. It's nice in December, only about 90 degrees here in the winter.

I actually felt a little chilly last night because it rained. Of course I'm in shorts and t-shirts but still.
Quote Reply
Re: Snowy Night at the Airport [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I flew out of Toronto on Friday and now in the Philippines. It's nice in December, only about 90 degrees here in the winter.

I actually felt a little chilly last night because it rained. Of course I'm in shorts and t-shirts but still.

You suck, sir. Bigly.

I just thought I'd tell you that. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Meanwhile, today in Las Vegas...[/img]

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back when I worked for ibm and did business travel, got stuck on a free of those. Sucks bigly

Jim
"In dog beers, I've only had one"
http://www.shakercolonial.com/
Creating custom made furnishing to your requirements
Quote Reply
Re: Snowy Night at the Airport [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:

Take that shit to the other room!

I miss YaHey
Last edited by: justgeorge: Dec 12, 17 3:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have fond memories of one year driving to the Detroit airport to go on March break trip to Hawaii. Big snowstorm out our way and 401 closed from London to Windsor. Battled through storm using sideroads and just as I pulled into Windsor blue skies all the way to airport.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

. I took the back roads out of Ann Arbor and drove thru Hell last night.JUST put the snow tires on.
Would not have minded having an autonomous car, a cocktail and some classical music playing.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: Snowy Night at the Airport [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SallyShortyPnts wrote:

Your start needs work. Maybe learn with dives off the pool deck, then work up to the blocks ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Snowy Night at the Airport [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mustangchef wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

. I took the back roads out of Ann Arbor and drove thru Hell last night.JUST put the snow tires on.
Would not have minded having an autonomous car, a cocktail and some classical music playing.

I'm with you. Autonomous car and a big, stiff drink any night of the week. LOL!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

big kahuna wrote:
mustangchef wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

I'm with you. Autonomous car and a big, stiff drink any night of the week. LOL!
HAH

sometimes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worst flight in last 7 years nice Gatwick Monday morning

De-iced return today

After a 7 month break with only 1 flight a month will be doing europe Beijing 1-2 times a month from Jan to may and its chilly there as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I noticed the headline for the Freep was 4-7 more inches tomorrow afternoon. Supposed to fly into DTW from Naples then.
Quote Reply
Re: Snowy Night at the Airport [Go Pound Sand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go Pound Sand wrote:
I noticed the headline for the Freep was 4-7 more inches tomorrow afternoon. Supposed to fly into DTW from Naples then.

Yeah, the airport and the airlines (especially Delta, which is the big hub airline here) have their snow plans and they have a really, really efficient snow removal firm (Anglin Civil). They got the snow out of the gates and the taxiways in rapid order last night and this morning, but that 4-7 inches could be more of a challenge. We'll see, I guess. During all my time out here at the 'port -- with Northwest Airlines to start -- snow removal has seemed to me to be an up-and-down thing. One time, they knock it out of the park, the next time they go down swinging. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Epic trip home yesterday from a weekend in Winston-Salem traveling from Greensboro via Charlotte and then on to Toronto on American Airlines. Left hotel at 6:30am, to get ahead of freezing rain falling in the area (weather forecasters were putting the fear-of-God in everyone about this) - that was a smart move, but enroute to airport, received notice that flight was delayed out of Greensboro, and so the cavalcade of back-ups, delays, weather issues, started.

The final kicker was the nearly white-out blizzard that greeted me out the doors of the airport in Toronto. -10C, howling winds and dumping down snow! The new snow tires, git their first real test!

Finally made it to my front door just north of Toronto at 9pm, just in time to watch the final quarter of the Super Bowl.

Assuming good roads, I could have driven home from Winston-Salem in a 11 hours!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-11 in beijing. dry as a bone

i would say blue skies but its probably a but more polluted than it looks
Quote Reply
Re: Snowy Night at the Airport [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Epic trip home yesterday from a weekend in Winston-Salem traveling from Greensboro via Charlotte and then on to Toronto on American Airlines. Left hotel at 6:30am, to get ahead of freezing rain falling in the area (weather forecasters were putting the fear-of-God in everyone about this) - that was a smart move, but enroute to airport, received notice that flight was delayed out of Greensboro, and so the cavalcade of back-ups, delays, weather issues, started.

The final kicker was the nearly white-out blizzard that greeted me out the doors of the airport in Toronto. -10C, howling winds and dumping down snow! The new snow tires, git their first real test!

Finally made it to my front door just north of Toronto at 9pm, just in time to watch the final quarter of the Super Bowl.

Assuming good roads, I could have driven home from Winston-Salem in a 11 hours!

Man, that's some serious bad travel experience. :-(

Quote Reply