Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder how many people had that thought go through their mind?

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A-A-Ron wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Fishbum wrote:
LOL

Would love to chat with you face to face someday.

Careful, that got TheForge banned.

You going to pull a Halvard?
Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

If I was denying I had done what he is alleged to have done, I wouldn't have said things like, "I always had their parents' permission before dating them," and I would have said that I never dated teenage girls, instead of saying "I generally didn't date teenage girls."

I also would have been happy to have answered questions about the allegations. In fact, I would seek every opportunity to take and answer such questions in order to protest my innocence, rather than duck all questions on the subject. And if I said I would sue the accusers for defamation, I would actually have done it by now.

But that's just me.

Seems like fair points to me.

So Moore is a scumbag, but he's a truthful scumbag? I've kind of avoided the whole thing as icky, so it's an honest question coming from my ignorance of the details of this issue. If it is reasonably accurate to call him a truthful scumbag, then maybe he compares to the rest of Congress pretty well.

No, he's not a truthful scumbag, he's a lying scumbag. He has denied ever knowing any of the women concerned, even though there is plenty of corroborating evidence showing otherwise. (The Donald Trump defense.)

One recently found an old card from him, congratulating her on her HS graduation.

An old friend of Corfman (the 14 year old) recently spoke in an interview about how her friend had confided in her what had happened with Moore at the time. That friend's husband confirmed that he had heard the story from his wife many years ago after he first met Corfman. If you watch those interviews I'm sure you would agree they are highly believable.

You seem to have your opinion locked down, tightly. Could you be easily bull shitted?

Based on all the evidence, I have an opinion, yes. My opinion lines up with those of Jeff Sessions and Richard Shelby.

What's your opinion? Have you looked at all the evidence objectively?

Well, you've not seen all the evidence. Neither has Jeff Session and Richard Shelby. And that is a fact. And I have no opinion on this matter. If the people of Alabama want Moore then who am I to bellyache about it? Congress is already cocked full of idiots who've been elected by idiots. So what's another one?

I'd rather he get elected then face a fully-evidenced ethics committee. Due process. Not a trial by the media and the #metoo witch hunt.
Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [Old Hickory] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
----
----
----
And I have no opinion on this matter.
----
----
----

For a person with no opinion, you certainly are giving an enormous number of opinions...
Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
#Alabama=lowIQ

Doesn't NASA have a big facility in Alabama?
Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

If I was denying I had done what he is alleged to have done, I wouldn't have said things like, "I always had their parents' permission before dating them," and I would have said that I never dated teenage girls, instead of saying "I generally didn't date teenage girls."

I also would have been happy to have answered questions about the allegations. In fact, I would seek every opportunity to take and answer such questions in order to protest my innocence, rather than duck all questions on the subject. And if I said I would sue the accusers for defamation, I would actually have done it by now.

But that's just me.

So Moore is a scumbag, but he's a truthful scumbag? I've kind of avoided the whole thing as icky, so it's an honest question coming from my ignorance of the details of this issue. If it is reasonably accurate to call him a truthful scumbag, then maybe he compares to the rest of Congress pretty well.

No, he's not a truthful scumbag, he's a lying scumbag. He has denied ever knowing any of the women concerned, even though there is plenty of corroborating evidence showing otherwise. (The Donald Trump defense.)

One recently found an old card from him, congratulating her on her HS graduation.

An old friend of Corfman (the 14 year old) recently spoke in an interview about how her friend had confided in her what had happened with Moore at the time. That friend's husband confirmed that he had heard the story from his wife many years ago after he first met Corfman. If you watch those interviews I'm sure you would agree they are highly believable.

Bummer. My attempts to find silver linings in life will continue tho. Speaking of the world in general, there's gotta be a pony under all this shit somewhere.

There was, he rode it to the polls. You could never sell this story as fiction, way too unbelievable.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/...inblnkushpmg00000009

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

But that's just me.

You seem to have your opinion locked down, tightly. Could you be easily bull shitted?

Based on all the evidence, I have an opinion, yes. My opinion lines up with those of Jeff Sessions and Richard Shelby.

You refuse to even acknowledge all of the information in accusations and evidence, so, there's that.

If you disagree with my take on this. give me an unbiased report of the allegations of the 14 year old accusation.

fwiw, I'm not claiming to be unbiased, I'm just attempting to get the full facts of what is being claimed out there and presenting it with a different slant than you are.

fwiw#2, I'm pretty sure I'm being as impartial as you are.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read her account as described in the original Washington Post article, and subsequently saw her interviewed on TV. Both accounts were consistent and I found her interview to be credible. Then I recently saw the interview with her friend (linked above) and her husband, and found those interviews also to be entirely consistent and credible.

Let me know if you would like links to any of those sources if you haven't seen or read them yourself.

ETA: What information do I refuse to acknowledge?
Last edited by: Kay Serrar: Dec 12, 17 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CruseVegas wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Old Hickory wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

But that's just me.

You refuse to even acknowledge all of the information in accusations and evidence, so, there's that.

If you disagree with my take on this. give me an unbiased report of the allegations of the 14 year old accusation.

fwiw, I'm not claiming to be unbiased, I'm just attempting to get the full facts of what is being claimed out there and presenting it with a different slant than you are.

fwiw#2, I'm pretty sure I'm being as impartial as you are.

And more on Moore.

https://www.nbcnews.com/...-m-saying-ncna828791

Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They’re pulling out all the stops.

Just letting us all know they think he’s going to win.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Each Repub will be conflicted re. supporting him, censuring him, or something in between.

A lot of Republicans identify as Christian, and as a Christian, I find their conflicted stand on Moore (and Trump's treatment of women) disgusting. The Republican party gave up their soul to support Trump and are doing the same with Moore.

Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Each Repub will be conflicted re. supporting him, censuring him, or something in between.

A lot of Republicans identify as Christian, and as a Christian, I find their conflicted stand on Moore (and Trump's treatment of women) disgusting. The Republican party gave up their soul to support Trump and are doing the same with Moore.

I'd say it goes back to their strategy of courting the Southern Democrats, and that Trump is the result of that, ultimately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Ding-Ding-Ding, we have a winner!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

The Republican Party sold their sole long ago. That's the reason we have Trump and probably Moore. BK has gone into more detail on this but that's the short answer.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Moore winning will be beneficial to the Democrats in the long run. Think Trump without Trump's calm, filtered demeanor.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Moore winning will be beneficial to the Democrats in the long run.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

It's actually a pretty well written piece, and regardless of the outcome tonight, serves well to paint Roy Moore in his true colors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Politicians care about their personal power first, and their party second. Everything else is noise. To expect GOP types to behave in concert with any other belief system is, well, unrealistic.

By "unrealistic", I mean "absurd, laughable, rediculous" but with mildly amusing understatement.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Moore winning will be beneficial to the Democrats in the long run.

Moore's winning or losing will be mildly beneficial for the Dems for a very short period. In the larger scheme it is inconsequential. Long-term, this country is over. There is only one mutually agreed-upon viewpoint, and that is that the other tribe is completely beyond redemption. Last one out, shut the lights. Sadly for Duffy, all of the nice surfing spots are blue....
Last edited by: oldandslow: Dec 12, 17 15:18
Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [vecchia capra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vecchia capra wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
LorenzoP wrote:
which is it - Alabama=low IQ or social wasteland?

I think it's their evangelical bent, meaning that they tend to believe men's role in society is superior to women's, that men should be given a wider margin of error, men are favored in God's eyes, a man's testimony should be believed over a women's . . . etc.

I'm humming Neil Young's song from 1972. (Of course he's Canadian.)

And I will raise you a Lynyrd Skynyrd song from 1974 that responds to Mr. Young!
Talk about reinforcing a negative stereotype.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
TriFortMill wrote:
That the Democrats are the problem and that all the smart folks in the right precincts voted for Trump over Hillary and won and will always vote for a Republican because democrats are mostly awful human beings.

Quoted for epic stupidity.

You should quote yourself more in that case.

Ha. Another hilarious retort from the LR village idiot.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
windywave wrote:
CaptainCanada wrote:
TriFortMill wrote:
That the Democrats are the problem and that all the smart folks in the right precincts voted for Trump over Hillary and won and will always vote for a Republican because democrats are mostly awful human beings.

Quoted for epic stupidity.

You should quote yourself more in that case.

Ha. Another hilarious retort from the LR village idiot.

That's the best you got? You going to send me a picture of a Zima bottle too?
Quote Reply
Re: So can we just say Alabama is a social waste land [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm willing to concede that I was wrong. Alabama is smarter than I anticipated.
Quote Reply

Prev Next