Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cost of swimming poll [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I pay a fortune. Gym membership plus Masters is $80/month. I only swim there during the week because it's close; on weekends I swim with a team I actually like for $50/month. I could quit both and do lap swim for cheap but I hate lap swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Free for me. I love it. I work for the county, and we get into pools for free year round.
Quote Reply
Re: Cost of swimming poll [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing wrote:
Hmmm. Well, since OWS swimming is all I ever do anymore... the ocean is free. I don't even pay for parking. So, $0 for a 15,500km puddle of water.

Same here. One of our swimmers did this strava heat map of our swims at Lover's Point...

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: Cost of swimming poll [Smil'n Hawaiian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both of you suck. Why don't you swim to the middle and meet up. #pink
Quote Reply
Re: Cost of swimming poll [Smil'n Hawaiian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Smil'n Hawaiian wrote:
SLOgoing wrote:
Hmmm. Well, since OWS swimming is all I ever do anymore... the ocean is free. I don't even pay for parking. So, $0 for a 15,500km puddle of water.

Same here. One of our swimmers did this strava heat map of our swims at Lover's Point...

This is awesome. It looks like there were some pretty long swims in there! We are a very low-tech group down in Avila Beach.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: Cost of swimming poll [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
Both of you suck. Why don't you swim to the middle and meet up. #pink

Sharks. And whales. #notpink! ;-p

Water is around 54* these days. Not too bad.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Australia it seems to be about $50/m to use a pool, or about $5-6 per session casually. It's worth it for me.

I'm jealous of those who live in parts of the country who have clean fresh waters to swim in year-round. Port Phillip Bay is a murky polluted pond right now.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply

Prev Next