Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NFL week 14
Quote | Reply
If Wentz is out, who is the favorite in the NFC?

Seahawks continue to be the poster boys for classless unsportsmanlike behavior.

Steelers keep finding ways to win games st the end.

Packers still in the hunt and they may be getting Rodgers back.

Chargers are heating up at the right time. Dark horse for the superb owl in the AFC.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 14 [davec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:

Chargers are heating up at the right time. Dark horse for the superb owl in the AFC.

I picked a good year to pretty much stop watching football. Looks like the Seahawks are down 5 pro bowlers right now and Wentz might be out. Sucks for Philly. No excuse for Bennett from what I saw on the local news this morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The loss of Wentz is a massive blow to the league this season. Being from the Philly area, half of my friends are absolutely miserable right now, and they've had lots to be miserable about as Eagles fans over the years. I was hoping to see a Keystone State Super Bowl, but that ain't happening now.

Pittsburgh again is fun/terrible to watch, if you're a fan. So much talent, and so likely to squander it again this postseason. Next week versus New England will be the game of the year in the AFC. I'd rather we roll into it on the heels of a hard fought emotional win like we had last night, than how New England is likely to steamroll Miami en route to Heinz Field next Sunday.

Ryan Shazier is a huge loss. Their motivation to win for him won't likely be enough to fill the play by play gap he's left in the heart of the defense.

The Browns keep on Browning.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the Raiders loss yesterday their season is toast.

It is about time for the Chargers to take a nap. But next week's game with the Chefs will clear up the AFC west quite a bit.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davec wrote:
The Vikings, with Case Keenum? The Panthers or Saints who have established QB's and pretty solid teams? Even the Rams, despite the loss ot the Eagles they look pretty legit. It might still be the Eagles, we'll see how Foles looks the next few weeks, but the NFC looks WIDE OPEN.

Quote:
Here's a shock: all these 'player friendly' coaches have teams with no discipline. Rex Ryan is the first that comes to mind for me but Marvin Lewis has basically gotten a decade-long pass for how dirty his team plays.

Quote:
Pats-Steelers next Sunday, that'll be a biggie. I was so happy to see Bell re-enter that game after what looked like a sprained knee, I want to see the Steelers as healthy as possible going into their tilt with the Pats. Should be a good one.

Quote:
Panthers - Vikings - Lions to close out the season...unless they get serious help they need to sweep the table, I'm just not seeing it. Good for them battling the way they have but they're losing at least one of those games, probably two.

Quote:
I'm not buying it...they're a great story, that 0-5 start then kicking ass lately but I don't see them hanging with either NE or Pittsburgh. We'll see though, they're certainly gelling at the right time.

That Buffalo-Indy game was WILD yesterday. Bunch of my buddies were at the game and sent some awesome videos and pics, the telecast didn't really do justice for just how much it was snowing. Virtual white-out in the stands, you could barely see the field from their seats and they were sitting in basically a foot of snow. I'm happy the Bills won, give their fans something to cheer about in those conditions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 14 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

Perfect response for your Packers nearly shitting the bed vs the Browns yesterday.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 14 [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
JSA wrote:

Perfect response for your Packers nearly shitting the bed vs the Browns yesterday.

But that didn't! And, better yet, that shitty Packer team beat the Bears TWICE this year!

BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hater, the biscuit will be legit
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 14 [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
Hater, the biscuit will be legit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suck it Pats. Beat by Cutler? Wow.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
Suck it Pats. Beat by Cutler? Wow.
I didn't watch the game, but looking at the box score the Patriots only had 10 rushing attempts for 25 yards. Brady had 43 attempts, with a couple of interceptions and two sacks. Not a recipe for long-term success.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cutler will do that to ya.... and next week he will throw 5 picks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen the Pats play this year, so I was a little surprised to see Belichick's weight gain. He's developing some very impressive breasts. Dude, until you're ready to drop 50 lbs, it's time to lose the hoodie.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 14 [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 yards total offense in the first quarter?

0-11 on 3rd down conversion?

Who is that team that played for the Patriots last night?

No Gronk, but come'on man. Those are Browns like numbers.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That debacle last night only adds to the matchup next week in Pittsburgh. Both teams will be playing with serious motivation.

Ben, Bell, and Brown all healthy, Juju back on the field, playing for #50 in Pittsburgh. I'm liking our chances.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 14 [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
That debacle last night only adds to the matchup next week in Pittsburgh. Both teams will be playing with serious motivation.

Ben, Bell, and Brown all healthy, Juju back on the field, playing for #50 in Pittsburgh. I'm liking our chances.

Lets not forget the 4'th Killer B - Boswell.

It would be nice to see Ben get his 3'rd ring this year and a 7'th for the team.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

You were shut out this year and had to beat the Browns in OT
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 14 [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:

True, but this has played out exactly like this a number of times. It's possible this Pats D is too thin and is being exposed again, it's possible Brady's age is catching up--and he's taken some serious shots the past month too, he's gotta be banged up. BUT, the 2015 Patriots went into Miami in week 17 and could've locked up home field, instead they crapped all over themselves, outside of a horrific game vs Philly it was their worst showing of the season. They dominated the Chiefs in the divisional round two weeks later and had a battle with Denver - in Denver - in the AFCCG that I'm convinced they win if they were at home. I'm going way back but in 2004 the Pats had an absolute wagon of a team, 14-2, 4th in points, 2nd in points against, eventually won the SB...and in week 15 - still playing for home field - they lost to Miami in a game where Brady tossed 4 INT's. Six of his 30 worst QB rating games have come against Miami--four of those on the road.

Miami is just a strangely bad, bad place for the Patriots and Brady. Conversely Pittsburgh is a good, good place for the Patriots and Brady: 7-2 all-time vs the Steelers, aside from Atlanta it's his best QB rating opponent (114.2) and he has a 24-3 TD/INT ratio against them. This might be a different Steelers team, a different Patriots team, we'll see, but one game in Miami isn't changing my outlook at all.
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 14 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

And yet you were shut out this year and had to beat the Browns in OT and probably won't make the playoffs
Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 14 [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: NFL week 14 [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brownie28 wrote:
That Buffalo-Indy game was WILD yesterday. Bunch of my buddies were at the game and sent some awesome videos and pics, the telecast didn't really do justice for just how much it was snowing. Virtual white-out in the stands, you could barely see the field from their seats and they were sitting in basically a foot of snow. I'm happy the Bills won, give their fans something to cheer about in those conditions.

That Bills-Indy game was fun to watch. This Sunday's game against MIA may be snowy as well. And the Bills still have a 25% chance of sneaking into the playoffs as a wildcard so there is something to play for.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jmh wrote:
2 yards total offense in the first quarter?

0-11 on 3rd down conversion?

Who is that team that played for the Patriots last night?

No Gronk, but come'on man. Those are Browns like numbers.

They were also missing half the starters in defense and had a couple of guys recently up from training squad and others just signed because of injuries.
Most starters are back next week. With that said, it was a pretty pathetic game from the Pats on both sides of the ball. But it seems that all the teams go through that one way or another.
Surprisingly, the fins are 9-8 at home versus Brady.
Quote Reply