Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ENVE Gen 1 Vs Gen 2 braking
Quote | Reply
I have the chance to get some 2015 enves (second hand) for a pretty sweet price. Prior to finding them, I was contemplating getting 2017 ENVEs (also second hand). The cost difference for me is $900 between the two sets (maybe 800 if I haggle hard, but I feel they are both priced well tbh).

Is the braking (or any other changes) in the Gen 2, really worth forking out the extra cash?
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Gen 1 Vs Gen 2 braking [JBell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have had both the braking quality is much better with the new brake surface.
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Gen 1 Vs Gen 2 braking [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
i have had both the braking quality is much better with the new brake surface.

Agreed, although I have never had an issue with either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gen 1 "ok" in dry.. horrible in wet
Gen 2 " very good" in dry. Best in class (carbon clinchers) in wet... pretty darn good.

yeah I've tried Zipps newest and AC3 in Campy Bora.
Quote Reply
Re: ENVE Gen 1 Vs Gen 2 braking [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx. So would you pony up the extra cash for the Gen 2? For 95% of my riding, I'd suspect the Gen 1 would be fine. But in 2019 I will be in BC and will have some big descents and if murphy's law happens (rain), I'd be really screwed on Gen 1s.... I think I just answered my own question lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JBell wrote:
Thx. So would you pony up the extra cash for the Gen 2? For 95% of my riding, I'd suspect the Gen 1 would be fine. But in 2019 I will be in BC and will have some big descents and if murphy's law happens (rain), I'd be really screwed on Gen 1s.... I think I just answered my own question lol.

when I first got gen2 (enve 2.2 tubs).. I sold all my sets of Gen1 after the first ride in the damp...those where Enve 25,3.4s and 6.7s. it's night and day. They do make noise in the dry though and eat pads quickly.
Quote Reply