Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Tri-Banter wrote:
Finally a thread that keeps those rude and obnoxious whipper-snappers AND the crusty old fogies out at the same time. We don't need their kind around these parts.

Fuck all of you guys đŸ˜¡

45-49 is where it's at.

Is this how the Slowtwitch team factions get started?

Sadly, I am 3 weeks too young to age up as I turn 45 on January 19th. If it was December 31st, I would age up in 2018 having turned 45 by the end of 2017.

So, I will be the very oldest guy in the 40-44 age group in most of my races this year. In my first IM, the Kona qualifying time is 45 minutes faster because I don't age up. 40-44, like 30-34 and 35-39 is a very competitive age group. I think I agree with Jason that 45-49 is where it is at, I just have to wait one more year before I get there.

In the meantime, to the 'young whippersnappers' in the 40-44 age group with me, let's get it going!!!

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't feel tardy...

42 and kick myself everyday I didn't get into this sport when I was in my early 20's.

Probably getting slower with age but with more racing experience I'm still setting PRs since I spent a lot of time smoking and drinking in my wayward youth.
Quote Reply
Re: UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum [alexanderzlenz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, me too. I used to run a 4:10 mile back in college. Now I can barely get within 70 seconds of that. If only I had started swimming back then too and doing triathlons, gosh I think about that as do you.

But, life is what it is and I'll take me mid-life crisis of triathlons and be very happy about it as it has given me back the feeling of camaraderie and perseverance without other athletes. This is more important than the times in races.

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: UnOfficial 40-44 Age group Slowtwitch Forum [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
School reunions are fun now though... all my old bullies are... swollen.
Quote Reply

Prev Next