Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

First Winter Ride
Quote | Reply
This morning I rode my tri bike through snow flurries with a wind chill of 21F. It was cold. I did not have proper gloves and the 35 miles were killer. I kept stopping to warm my hands thinking frostbite was possible. I picked up some lobster claws post ride so never again. My feet felt great until the final 5 miles. I had woolie boolie socks and toe warmers on top of my shoes with shoe covers over top. Somehow the warmers deactivated and my big toe got really cold. It was surreal biking in snow flurries. I’ll be more prepared tomorrow without the snow but still cold temperatures. I just can’t bear the trainer and treadmill this winter after that’s all I did last winter.
Quote Reply
Re: First Winter Ride [mwanner1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm glad you got some good gear afterwards so you don't lose your digits. The lobster mitts are great and keep me good down to about 10 or so. I just picked up a great pair of the new fizik winter cycling shoes in those paired with Wooley Bully's were awesome today at about 20 degrees with a 15 mile an hour wind. I took the cross bike out with a 40mm Tire for a few hours through about an inch of snow and it was an absolute blast. Winter riding is that's a hell of a lot of fun. I do value the quality again out of my trainer sessions but I'm like you and would vastly prefer to be outside doing this stuff.

Good luck and stay warm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And, it's not even officially winter yet. It's finally cooled down enough out here to ride the trainer in my garage regularly.
Low 70's most of last week but back to low 80's for this weekend.
Should be fine for tomorrow's half marathon.
Quote Reply
Re: First Winter Ride [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds like you had a great ride. I like the challenge of the hills and wind and being outside. I’m also glad I upgraded some of my gear. It should help me enjoy the ride much more.

turdburgler wrote:
I'm glad you got some good gear afterwards so you don't lose your digits. The lobster mitts are great and keep me good down to about 10 or so. I just picked up a great pair of the new fizik winter cycling shoes in those paired with Wooley Bully's were awesome today at about 20 degrees with a 15 mile an hour wind. I took the cross bike out with a 40mm Tire for a few hours through about an inch of snow and it was an absolute blast. Winter riding is that's a hell of a lot of fun. I do value the quality again out of my trainer sessions but I'm like you and would vastly prefer to be outside doing this stuff.

Good luck and stay warm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you did too and will have plenty more! I also re-read my first post...wow voice to text makes me appear even more dumb than I already am!
Quote Reply
Re: First Winter Ride [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Brother! Be safe and enjoy the workouts. Also, I didn’t notice anything with your post. Looked okay to me.

turdburgler wrote:
Sounds like you did too and will have plenty more! I also re-read my first post...wow voice to text makes me appear even more dumb than I already am!
Quote Reply