Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Collateral finger ligament injury.
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any experience with this? It's my middle finger on my right hand. It happened in fall at work two weeks ago. I have been keeping it buddy taped but I think it is screwed up. I reported it right away but have continued to work because it's our busy season. If it's not better after Christmas I will go to the doctor. My concern is how much side motion is in the joint. Anyone else ever dealt with this?
Quote Reply
Re: Collateral finger ligament injury. [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Anyone have any experience with this? It's my middle finger on my right hand. It happened in fall at work two weeks ago. I have been keeping it buddy taped but I think it is screwed up. I reported it right away but have continued to work because it's our busy season. If it's not better after Christmas I will go to the doctor. My concern is how much side motion is in the joint. Anyone else ever dealt with this?

I've had two.
My left ring finger has an apparent total tear. Don't know when it happened, some time years ago. Used to "jam" it all the time playing basketball. One of the bad ones must have done it. I have no pain or anything, just basically a double jointed finger. Doc says no point in doing anything about it.

I tore the UCL on my thumb (gamekeeper's thing) playing beer league softball. Had to fix that. Wouldn't have been able use thumb very effectively. Surgery with a big pin through two joints. 8 weeks in a cast and then about the same for PT.

Assuming your are in the US, yours would be workman's comp. Go get it looked and decide on a course of action with a Doc.
Quote Reply
Re: Collateral finger ligament injury. [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I'm in PA. I will definitely get it looked at. Is there any repercussions to not getting it corrected
Quote Reply
Re: Collateral finger ligament injury. [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first example has had no correction or treatment of any kind. I have no negative repurcussions.

See what a doc says about yours.
Quote Reply