Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Duke loses
Quote | Reply
Grayson Allen gets his face stepped on and has double black eyes.

Boston College is my new favorite college basketball team.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Duke loses [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duke sucks
Quote Reply
Re: Duke loses [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Duke sucks

Can't wait to hear that phrase from my Chapel Hill & State clients this week. I don't have a dog in the fight, but it gets old after a while.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Duke loses [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
windywave wrote:
Duke sucks

Can't wait to hear that phrase from my Chapel Hill & State clients this week. I don't have a dog in the fight, but it gets old after a while.

They suck too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coach K had a valid excuse for the loss - Duke is “young” and “not deep”. It’s amazing he can make those statements with a straight face.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Re: Duke loses [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
Coach K had a valid excuse for the loss - Duke is “young” and “not deep”. It’s amazing he can make those statements with a straight face.

He does it every year and the media buys in. By year end (and after another premature end in the tourney) everyone will be reporting what an amazing job he did with only six players and five of them freshmen.

He’s a great X’s and O’s coach, great motivator of talent and great recruiter. However, he’s horrible at developing players, particularly big men, and has the worst mouth of any coach in college basketball. Yet he’s considered to be the epitome of sportsmanship by the Dick Vitale’s of the world.
Quote Reply
Re: Duke loses [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Patrick E wrote:
jepvb wrote:

He does it every year and the media buys in. By year end (and after another premature end in the tourney) everyone will be reporting what an amazing job he did with only six players and five of them freshmen.

He’s a great X’s and O’s coach, great motivator of talent and great recruiter. However, he’s horrible at developing players, particularly big men, and has the worst mouth of any coach in college basketball. Yet he’s considered to be the epitome of sportsmanship by the Dick Vitale’s of the world.

So was Rick Pitino
Quote Reply
Re: Duke loses [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Patrick E wrote:
jepvb wrote:

He's had plenty of quality big men and alot of players hit high accolades in college and play in the NBA to say he does't develop players. He's won in a big way for many, many years and adjusted along the way to keep up. I'm not necessarily a fan of Duke but it's hard not to recognize the real deal when you see it.
Quote Reply
Re: Duke loses [Troy B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Troy B wrote:
Patrick E wrote:
jepvb wrote:

He's had plenty of quality big men and alot of players hit high accolades in college and play in the NBA to say he does't develop players. He's won in a big way for many, many years and adjusted along the way to keep up. I'm not necessarily a fan of Duke but it's hard not to recognize the real deal when you see it.

I think most schools would be ecstatic to have their record. The constant pissing and moaning is what gets under my skin.

In contrast, Calipari has cheated everywhere he goes, he wins, he has gone to a school with every bit the record of Duke, and I can't muster the dislike for UK that comes easily for Duke and their players.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They get a lot of hate and much of it probably isn't deserved. I do get tired of hearing every year how they don't have any depth. Just because K decides to play the same 6-7 players all year doesn't mean he doesn't have depth. A lot of years they have MacDonald's all Americans on their bench while "deeper" teams are finding minutes for walk-ons.
Quote Reply
Re: Duke loses [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
They get a lot of hate and much of it probably isn't deserved. I do get tired of hearing every year how they don't have any depth. Just because K decides to play the same 6-7 players all year doesn't mean he doesn't have depth. A lot of years they have MacDonald's all Americans on their bench while "deeper" teams are finding minutes for walk-ons.

This is where mid-majors are really starting to succeed. These guys are good, but they will sit the bench at Duke. Meanwhile if they transfer to a mid-major, they will get 15-20 min playing time as a freshman. They will get a lot more video and attention from scouts rather than warming the bench at Duke.
Quote Reply