Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PSA: NBC Ironman Special Today at 11:30am PT [kcb203] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kcb203 wrote:
I like the fact they paid more attention to the elite age groupers. Normally, they are brushed aside as though they are happy to merely finish rather than racing to win their group.
Isn't everyone at Kona basically an elite age-grouper? I mean, besides the celebrity invitees?
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: NBC Ironman Special Today at 11:30am PT [CRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CRS wrote:
kcb203 wrote:
I like the fact they paid more attention to the elite age groupers. Normally, they are brushed aside as though they are happy to merely finish rather than racing to win their group.

Isn't everyone at Kona basically an elite age-grouper? I mean, besides the celebrity invitees?

Yes, except for a few sponsor slots and legacy program. There used to be ~150 general lottery spots, but that was shut down a few years ago by DOJ because Ironman was running an illegal lottery program. WTC had already created the legacy program, and they extended that and cancelled the general lottery.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: NBC Ironman Special Today at 11:30am PT [HVP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought they missed a perfect opportunity to leverage Sanders' history. They've profiled age grouper with a similar story in the past. Typically Kona broadcast tends to be split between pros and age grouper who have very
different stories.

Now we have a pro who can bridge the divide between "pro racing story" and "age grouper overcoming adversity story"
Last edited by: timbasile: Dec 12, 17 19:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it uploaded somewhere yet for us cord cutters?
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: NBC Ironman Special Today at 11:30am PT [arkmann] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arkmann wrote:

I didn't find it anywhere yet
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: NBC Ironman Special Today at 11:30am PT [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vittorio wrote:
arkmann wrote:

It's not available anywhere that I know of, legal or otherwise. Same for the 2016 broadcast. To me that's a sure sign that not many people care.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DVR'd it, watched it last night with my father who knows next to nothing about triathlon and had no idea of the results going in. First clip of Sanders on the run, my dad says "that guy's in trouble, look at the hitch in his stride."

Overall, I'd give the show an A. It kept me interested even though I already knew the outcome. My father, the casual, general sports fan, liked it. Even my mother, who rarely is interested in anything sports-related, was compelled to sit and watch the last half hour.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: NBC Ironman Special Today at 11:30am PT [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thorax wrote:
vittorio wrote:
arkmann wrote:

It's not available anywhere that I know of, legal or otherwise. Same for the 2016 broadcast. To me that's a sure sign that not many people care.

Agreed, I would pay to watch it but can't find it anywhere.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA: NBC Ironman Special Today at 11:30am PT [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EnderWiggan wrote:
Thorax wrote:
vittorio wrote:
arkmann wrote:

Agreed, I would pay to watch it but can't find it anywhere.

Exactly. Can't understand the reason why they don't put it up on Vimeo and charge for it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next