Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hub recommendations?
Quote | Reply
I'm getting new race wheels and more or less get to pick my hubs. I place an equal value on two things:

1. speed (watts lost to friction, lateral stiffness, and all the factors that contribute to the hub allowing me to go fast
2. $$$ (which in addition to the upfront cost includes reliability as a hub that goes out on you quickly cost $$)

I have searched the forums extensively. I have seen various posts about hubs, mostly comparing Chris King and DT hubs with split opinions. I am about a 10 hour IM guy so decently fast but no where near the pros. I am completely unafraid to go with something that is outside the norm and so please bring me off the beaten path suggestions. Not that I could afford all of these, but I am interested to see if folks have used Project 321 hubs, Carbon TI hubs, Tune hubs, extralite, American Classic, White Industries, M5 hubs, and of course Chris King and DT Swiss, and any other hubs that you have used that you like.

One more note and please, please, please I do not want to start a debate on this, I am getting disc brake hubs and so if a manufacturer doesn't make disc brake hubs, I can't consider it though if you have only used the rim brake hubs but the manufacturer makes disc brake hubs, I would love to know your experience with their rim brake hubs.

Thanks in advance. To me, I can't make heads or tales of the different hubs as each one seems to have its advocates and detractors.

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Hub recommendations? [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can get you a deal on Phil Wood hubs with Carbonyte bearings.
Quote Reply
Re: Hub recommendations? [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read this http://blog.fairwheelbikes.com/...-testing/hub-review/
You will struggle to find better information about high end hubs
Quote Reply