Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I am not sure if I should uphold the Constitution... it will force people to do work
Quote | Reply
Beer "smuggler" buys beer in Quebec and takes it back to New Brunswick. Gets a fine. Successfully argues that free trade between the provinces says he shouldn't be fined.

But that would cause people to do work to fix the laws...

Seems like a hot argument.

http://www.cbc.ca/...cunningham-1.4436382

Quote:
my concern is that we will be introducing a certain area of uncertainty, a lot of litigation, [and] maybe in order to avoid that, imposing a huge burden on governments to come up with some agreements quickly so that our society can be regulated in an orderly fashion,

Is it Constitutional or not? If not, then get to fucking work on fixing it.

Holy shit.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Dec 8, 17 12:13
Quote Reply
Re: I am not sure if I should uphold the Constitution... it will force people to do work [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have prohibition in Canada? Looks like it was 'Dress like its 1810' day in court. Honestly, he should've been arguing he didn't buy beer, he bought Coors. BIG difference!

And, sorry, I know us Americans shouldn't be posting comments about the complex constitutional battles raging in Canada.
Last edited by: JD21: Dec 8, 17 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: I am not sure if I should uphold the Constitution... it will force people to do work [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I laughed out loud at the absurdity of the arguments to keep the conviction.
Quote Reply
Re: I am not sure if I should uphold the Constitution... it will force people to do work [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
I laughed out loud at the absurdity of the arguments to keep the conviction.

Am I reading it right? It will cause work to have to be done?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply