Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Chasing the Lion + Aero Testing [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
IvarAlmere wrote:

Huh? So when putting out 350 watt you don't have any benefits in an aero position?

No, I think he's saying that poor bike handling skills and pacing skills were a bigger limiter to his overall performance than CdA optimization.

I am actually bummed he didn't win, but that 20 minute effort might have compromised his run enough that he was caught.

The Hawi descent probably doesn't get as much credit as it should for paying a key role in the race. I seem to remember Kienle's Tony Martin-esque, decent of Hawi is what put him out front for good the year he won. It is a long descent and you can open a huge gap by going 60 rather than 40 mph.
Quote Reply
Re: Chasing the Lion + Aero Testing [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get the commentating was a little fake, but that was Kevin Mackinnon. One of the best in the business. So, you weren't going to get much better than that. Maybe our own Steve Fleck. :>

NCCP certified Comp coach
Quote Reply
Re: Chasing the Lion + Aero Testing [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is exactly how every fit session should be done (tunnel or otherwise). It doesn't really make much sense optimizing you fit/aero when you're body is fresh. You'll never be fresh in a race.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Chasing the Lion + Aero Testing [psychosyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe our own Steve Fleck. :>

Thanks, Syd. Working on it! :)

Met with the Producers again recently. They are working on some interesting things. Can't say much more.

. . and Lionel, he just keeps racing . . and winning! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Last edited by: Fleck: Jan 19, 18 15:46
Quote Reply

Prev Next