Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sign my Meaningless Petition: Add XC to the Winter Olympics
Quote | Reply
https://www.change.org/...7233052&jb=14725

I know it will likely never happen, and I know the reasons why... but, if you don’t vote, you cannot complain! 🙂

Please vote and share!

“Life is like a 10-speed bicycle. Most of us have gears we never use.” Charles Schultz
Quote Reply
Re: Sign my Meaningless Petition: Add XC to the Winter Olympics [TheJeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't you start a similar petition a year or two back regarding cyclocross?!

As I pointed out then and I'll point out again now, it's in the IOC rulebook that the sports have to involve snow or ice to be considered for inclusion in the Winter Olympics.

I appreciate that you've included a picture of some people running on snow, but I don't think forcing professionals to arbitrarily run an XC race on snow is going to (1) be popular with with the athletes or (2) pass muster with the IOC.

Why not take the time to enjoy the somewhat more lower-profile events that are on show?
Quote Reply
Re: Sign my Meaningless Petition: Add XC to the Winter Olympics [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Says petition closed mate.
Quote Reply
Re: Sign my Meaningless Petition: Add XC to the Winter Olympics [awenborn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awenborn wrote:

As I pointed out then and I'll point out again now, it's in the IOC rulebook that the sports have to involve snow or ice to be considered for inclusion in the Winter Olympics.

this is dumb... the summer games are bloated with indoor winter sports or outdoor winter sports that don't involve snow. Put basketball, swimming, cross-country, cyclocross, etc. in the winter games and jumpstart ratings.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply