Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which spider PM for a Spesh Pro FACT carbon 52/36 crank year 2012?
Quote | Reply
Just spent over an hour reading about this. Only found what doesn't work. Have not found what does work.

I have the crank pictured bottom center:

https://www.quarq.com/...ero-for-specialized/

Mine is a 52/36 110 BCD, from 2012.

Quarq Dzero for Spesh does not fit as per that document.

Would a regular Dzero 5 bolt 110 BCD work? Like this one: https://www.amazon.com/...3&keywords=quarq

A slowtwitcher already confirmed that a Powertap C1 does not fit. Not sure why. Bummer because they are on sale for $350.

SRM appears to also fit 2013 and up Spesh carbon cranks, which then implies (but not sure) that it won't fit a 2012. However. As much as I like Ze German engineering not sure it is worth $1400. Other two choices are less than half that price.
Quote Reply
Re: Which spider PM for a Spesh Pro FACT carbon 52/36 crank year 2012? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power2Max NGeco, $590.

Select this power meter for use on your Specialized S-Works and FACT carbon cranks. Works with all Specialized frames without the need for additional spacers or adapters. The NGeco will work on both the newer and older versions of Specialized’s cranks.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Dec 7, 17 18:41
Quote Reply
Re: Which spider PM for a Spesh Pro FACT carbon 52/36 crank year 2012? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
Power2Max NGeco, $590.

Select this power meter for use on your Specialized S-Works and FACT carbon cranks. Works with all Specialized frames without the need for additional spacers or adapters. The NGeco will work on both the newer and older versions of Specialized’s cranks.
Thanks. Appreciate it. Did not consider NG eco because of the rubber battery cover, and the mystery 5 second data dropouts that seem to plague its users. Will read more about it to see if that's fixed.

It did make me think to look at the Type S which has a closeout sale right now. Alas only 130 BCD still available.
Quote Reply