Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lindsey Vonn? [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 "Vonn also appears willing to put her head above the parapet and speak out about US politics"

What the hell is a parapet? Is that like a chia pet? Someone got to use their Liberal Arts degree today!!! .
Quote Reply
Re: Lindsey Vonn? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh great. These idiots are going to ruin the Olympics with all their attention seeking.

We get it. People don't like Trump.

Can I just watch you ski and root for you to wreck now?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 What a pointless announcement.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Lindsey Vonn? [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first thought was, When was the last time Vonn made it to the finish upright on two skis. Then I ask, Does US Skiing suck so bad that bad that Vonn is a participant.
Quote Reply
Re: Lindsey Vonn? [tgrunnin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tgrunnin wrote:
My first thought was, When was the last time Vonn made it to the finish upright on two skis. Then I ask, Does US Skiing suck so bad that bad that Vonn is a participant.

Same thought, I don't follow skiing, but I am kind of surprised she is still an Olympic contender.

Agreement with everyone's point. You represent your country, not the president. Why is this getting any attention at all?
Quote Reply
Re: Lindsey Vonn? [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
tgrunnin wrote:

Same thought, I don't follow skiing, but I am kind of surprised she is still an Olympic contender.

Agreement with everyone's point. You represent your country, not the president. Why is this getting any attention at all?
1. tits
2. it's anti-trump
3. tits

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: Lindsey Vonn? [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:
tgrunnin wrote:

1. tits
2. it's anti-trump
3. tits

Forgot the "A" in TnA.

----------------------------------------------------------------

My training
Quote Reply
Re: Lindsey Vonn? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

I’d hit it.

and...twice on Sunday.
Quote Reply
Re: Lindsey Vonn? [stal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stal wrote:
Madduck wrote:
AndysStrongAle wrote:
tgrunnin wrote:

1. tits
2. it's anti-trump
3. tits

Forgot the "A" in TnA.

Yeah, I was gonna say, her prime assets are more below & behind. If she were a double-bagger, it'd be crickets....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like the little snowflake may not even get a chance to snub President Trump.

Trump Curse Hits Leftie Skier Hard: Lindsey Vonn Injured in World Cup Competition After Trashing Trump
Quote Reply
Re: Lindsey Vonn? [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MAGA!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Lindsey Vonn? [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do Olympic athletes represent the President? I think they represent a nation, not any individual no matter what office that individual holds.

I think Olympic athletes train day in and day out for years, for themselves. They want to win, or do the best they can for themselves, just like everyone else. They happen to represent a country but they don't spend those hours and years training for "their country" they spend the hours because they love their sport and want to win. Just like every athlete in every sport in the world.

And the last thing they would do is do all their training for a President or Prime Minister or someone they have likely never met and never will.
Quote Reply
Re: Lindsey Vonn? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I take it you’ve never met a Russian Olympic athlete.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CNN’s line of questioning in this interview was pretty stupid. I don’t know how else she was supposed to answer that initially and then it seemed like the interviewer’s follow up questions were structured in a way to create political controversy. Vonn is entitled to her opinion about the President not being a good representative of the country’s best interests, an opinion shared by the majority of people in the US, but that’s a personal opinion that really doesn’t fit the context of the Olympics. CNN was, once again, being ridiculous by leading her down that road. Her answer wasn’t great, but she was put on the spot. I wish she had just said, “I’m an Olympian representing my sport, my country, and my hard work. Politics and my political opinion has nothing to do with it. That’s it. Next question.” and stuck to that.

CNN, MSNBC, Fox, and the other news organizations that pull this crap need to be called out for this shit, not the people they trick and use as props.

cerveloguy wrote:
Surprised nobody has mentioned this yet. Obviously one of the greatest skiers ever and obviously not a Trump fan.

http://www.cnn.com/...ite-house/index.html
Quote Reply
Re: Lindsey Vonn? [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
tgrunnin wrote:

Got a bronze medal in the World Champs (and was one of only 2 US medal winners) this year after an injury-affected season. Won 9 World Cup events in 2016. Still a decent contender if she's fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tgrunnin wrote:

My first thought is that you don't know dick about world cup skiing.

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2017/12/16/lindsey-vonn-wins-val-disere-super-g-world-cup-video/

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tgrunnin wrote:

Uh, 2 Olympic medals (1 gold), 7 World Championship medals (2 gold), 131 World Cup podiums with 78 wins.

You can say whatever you want about her politics, character, or whatever. But you sound pretty silly saying she can't ski. Because she can clearly ski.
Quote Reply
Re: Lindsey Vonn? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
tgrunnin wrote:

Uh, 2 Olympic medals (1 gold), 7 World Championship medals (2 gold), 131 World Cup podiums with 78 wins.

You can say whatever you want about her politics, character, or whatever. But you sound pretty silly saying she can't ski. Because she can clearly ski.

She just won the world cup race today in Val d' Isere. She certainly can ski.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

Arguably the greatest female Super Ger of all time.
Quote Reply
Re: Lindsey Vonn? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

Arguably the greatest female Super Ger of all time.

She could become the winningest of all, male or female. This was her 78th world cup win. The record is held by Ingemar Stenmark with 86 wins. She's closing in and its not at all inconceivable that she could surpass his record.
Last edited by: cerveloguy: Dec 16, 17 11:41
Quote Reply

Prev Next