Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

For those who still don't believe in evolution
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: For those who still don't believe in evolution [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd hit it. :)

Actually this is "Lucy". The skeleton in the article you linked to is about 2 million years older IIRC

Last edited by: rick_pcfl: Dec 6, 17 8:20
Quote Reply
Re: For those who still don't believe in evolution [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Not only is Africa the storehouse of the ancient fossil heritage for people the world over, it was also the wellspring of everything that makes us human, including our technological prowess, our artistic ability and our supreme intellect,"

Dang! Well, thank God for Africa! Oh, wait. That came out wrong.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's interesting to see how the field has changed. This is so old school. Use to be these guys would find something interesting and go away to clean it, analyzed it, and basically monopolize it and shroud it in secrecy. Then years, in this case, decades later finally publish it. Often still restricting access to the fossils.

There is so much more open source data now. Now there is real time video of excavations, files are released so any one can make a 3D model of recently found fossils, etc.

It took 20 years to get this one to the community, whereas significant parts of the new finds of Homo naledi were available in no time.

This fossil is almost the poster child for how screwed up the old way of doing things was.
Quote Reply
Re: For those who still don't believe in evolution [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it kind of funny how a bunch of white guys said that.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I'd hit it. :)

Actually this is "Lucy". The skeleton in the article you linked to is about 2 million years older IIRC

Both are roughly in the 3 to 3.5 million ballpark, this one is from South Africa, Lucy is from East Africa. I haven't read anything on this one yet so don't know if they are saying it's the same species as Lucy or a different one.
Quote Reply
Re: For those who still don't believe in evolution [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
I thought it kind of funny how a bunch of white guys said that.

Why? Everything that makes us human far predates any sort of recent "racial" differences.
Quote Reply
Re: For those who still don't believe in evolution [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
"Not only is Africa the storehouse of the ancient fossil heritage for people the world over, it was also the wellspring of everything that makes us human, including our technological prowess, our artistic ability and our supreme intellect,"

Dang! Well, thank God for Africa! Oh, wait. That came out wrong.

MAGA!

(Make Africa Great Again)

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#fakenews, what else?
Last edited by: oldandslow: Dec 6, 17 9:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why, if Africa is the center of civilization, does modern day Africa look so primordial now?
Quote Reply
Re: For those who still don't believe in evolution [TriFortMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriFortMill wrote:
Why, if Africa is the center of civilization, does modern day Africa look so primordial now?
Colonialism, of course.

Folks from out of town show up. Treat you poorly but also force your village to quit killing the folks in the next village. Introduce you to "rule of law", clean water, and sanitation. Blame the out-of-towners for all your troubles. Make them leave. But when your left to your own devices and things get worse, shift story from "they are preventing us from getting ahead", to "we bear scars".

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: For those who still don't believe in evolution [TriFortMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriFortMill wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My name is Pancho
I live on a rancho
I make 16 pesos a day.
I go home to Lucy
She gives me some pussy
And she takes my 16 pesos away.
Quote Reply