Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New US embassy Israel. That Will go down well.. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
I can assure you that the struggle between the religions is alive and well in that particular corner of the Middle East, and it's likely to be that way for decades longer.

I understand that, but isn’t time for mom and dad to tell the children that Santa Claus doesn’t exist and we aren’t going to tolerate their stupid adherence to mythology and superstition?

Enough is enough. The earth is round, it revolves around the sun and there is no fucking God.

I think the bible says something about battles and temples in Jerusalem and it's connected to the end times that Christians have wet dreams about, so part of this is Trump giving Pence and other believers a bone(r). Someone else here probably remembers the bible better than me.
Quote Reply
Re: New US embassy Israel. That Will go down well.. [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
I can assure you that the struggle between the religions is alive and well in that particular corner of the Middle East, and it's likely to be that way for decades longer.

I understand that, but isn’t time for mom and dad to tell the children that Santa Claus doesn’t exist and we aren’t going to tolerate their stupid adherence to mythology and superstition?

Enough is enough. The earth is round, it revolves around the sun and there is no fucking God.

I think the bible says something about battles and temples in Jerusalem and it's connected to the end times that Christians have wet dreams about, so part of this is Trump giving Pence and other believers a bone(r). Someone else here probably remembers the bible better than me.

I don’t give one single fuck what the Bible says.

If a country wants a city yo be their capital then we should recognize it as such.

But, yeah, Trump is doing this in part because he’s throwing a bone to religious nuts. And other religious nuts are throwing a fit.

Fuck them all right in the pussy.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: New US embassy Israel. That Will go down well.. [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah yeah, that's it....does it also give all 95 senators that voted in 1995 to establish the embassy in the city that they recognize as their capitol a boner?

Pretty sure Trump or Pence were not involved in that vote!
Quote Reply
Re: New US embassy Israel. That Will go down well.. [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:
yeah yeah, that's it....does it also give all 95 senators that voted in 1995 to establish the embassy in the city that they recognize as their capitol a boner?

Pretty sure Trump or Pence were not involved in that vote!

Not sure what this has to do with what I wrote. Christians don't believe Jerusalem is connected to the end times?
Quote Reply
Re: New US embassy Israel. That Will go down well.. [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:
Not about right vs. wrong, good ideas vs. bad. Anything my party does is right. Anything your party does is wrong.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: New US embassy Israel. That Will go down well.. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
I know you’re being witty but isn’t about time, in 2017, that we just completely shun, shame and shut out anyone who bases anything on some stupid, outdated, ancient superstition that is commonly referred to as “religion”.

I mean let’s bring the world into modern rational thought once a for all.

Religion is scourge.

I think it would be very shortsighted to view all religions in the same light. Everyone has a world view that impacts how they see and interpret the world around them. A belief in a god or the absence of a belief in a god does not make someone morally right. The atheist has no claim to morality only subjective moral preferences. Lets not forget all the blood spilled by atheism and anti-religious ideologies of Germany, Russia, North Korea and Vietnam.
Quote Reply
Re: New US embassy Israel. That Will go down well.. [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:
Where this decision leaves the USA is without any credibility in the peace process since it can now longer be viewed as being unbiased.

Do you really believe this?

Yes. Its already begun.
Quote Reply
Re: New US embassy Israel. That Will go down well.. [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Jerusalem

Exactly. Israel has only existed as a country for seventy years. That certainly doesn't give them any valid historic or legal claim to Jerusalem. They took it illegally since it was originally supposed to remain as an international city when Israel was first being created in 1947.
Quote Reply
Re: New US embassy Israel. That Will go down well.. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, how long before they can legitimately state Jerusalem as their capital? 100 yrs, 250 yrs? You know, there are some examples throughout history of lands being occupied, conquered, claimed by countries...I just don't recall the statute of limitations.
Quote Reply
Re: New US embassy Israel. That Will go down well.. [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
So, how long before they can legitimately state Jerusalem as their capital? 100 yrs, 250 yrs? You know, there are some examples throughout history of lands being occupied, conquered, claimed by countries...I just don't recall the statute of limitations.

So what you're saying is that if the USA suddenly decided to send in the troops to Mexico City and declare Mexico City as the new capital it would be fine eventually? I realize that's a bit of a stretch but the principle is the same. Israel won't have Jerusalem as their recognized capital until international law recognizes it no matter what Trump says. BTW - I'm not against Israel having the "Jewish part" of Jerusalem as their capital as long as a separate Palestine can have the Muslim part as their capital. Israel has no legitimate claim to the whole city.
Quote Reply
Re: New US embassy Israel. That Will go down well.. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's too simple an example to warrant comment. However, I believe the US, and particularly California, had some run ins with the Spanish and Mexican Government somewhere along the way. But, I'm no history expert.

The world (other than Iran and Palestine and perhaps a few others) fully recognize Israel and a sovereign nation. Once you get past that, Jerusalem as the capital is hardly a stretch - perhaps the majority of the world will agree.

Giving in to terrorists is never my preferred basis for any decision. Palestine and Hamas (and the Iranian regime) are terrorists. Israel is a strong ally of the US. Maybe the world doesn't/won't like it but it doesn't bother me at all.

I suppose now we'll see Palestinians/Hamas rise up and call for the death of Israel and terrorist attacks and the Iranian regime will fund terrorists against the west and call for death to America and Israel. Oh, wait....as long as they're not calling for death to Canada you should be fine.
Quote Reply
Re: New US embassy Israel. That Will go down well.. [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
dvfmfidc wrote:

Not about right vs. wrong, good ideas vs. bad. Anything my party does is right. Anything your party does is wrong.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Where this decision leaves the USA is without any credibility in the peace process since it can now longer be viewed as being unbiased.

Does anyone perceive us to be unbiased on this issue? I'd guess no. Can't lose something you don't have.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The world (other than Iran and Palestine and perhaps a few others) fully recognize Israel and a sovereign nation. Once you get past that, Jerusalem as the capital is hardly a stretch - perhaps the majority of the world will agree."

That's my point isn't it. The world, with only a few exceptions does recognize Israel as a country, but virtually nobody except Israel and now Donnie Trump, has recognized Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You mean other than President Clinton, President Bush and President Obama declaring Jerusalem as the capital of Israel?

Sure, other than that, no one has declared it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
You mean other than President Clinton, President Bush and President Obama declaring Jerusalem as the capital of Israel?

C'mon. Its called sucking up to the Jewish votes who we all know carry much more weight beyond their numbers. We had two Conservative Prime Ministers in Canada that tried the same thing just before an election (Joe Clark and Stephen Harper) in an attempt to gain more money in the coffer. But none of the previous American presidents ever talked about moving the US embassy, that's Donnie's own folly, which is what this thread is about.
Quote Reply
Re: New US embassy Israel. That Will go down well.. [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Considering the U.S involvement in trying to achieve peace, where does the credibility come from?

Do you consider the decision by Trump to be at all biased towards Israel?
Quote Reply
Re: New US embassy Israel. That Will go down well.. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Considering the U.S involvement in trying to achieve peace, where does the credibility come from?

Read RangerGress post #88. He really hit the nail on the head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

They said that to appease Israel but why didn't they do anything about it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t know. I was responding to the assertion that the US never recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was responding to the assertion that the US never recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.

I am pro Israel and think the entire idea of peace could only be achieved if Palestine and the rest of the Middle East recognize the right of Israel to exist as a nation (that will never happen) and if Israel stopped building new settlements that are only being done to inflame tensions (that will also never happen).

However, give that the Palestinians have a legitimate and historical claim to Jerusalem and knowing that any move to give it to Israel will be met with more violence, I just don't see the point of doing it. They should be working on the 2 big issues and then look at the small details.

Trump has no knowledge of the history of the Middle East and his main point man there (Jared Kushner) is so pro Israel that he has no chance to be looked at by the Palestinians as a neutral party. Trump is simply doing this to repay the evangelicals for their support of Moore (a real head scratcher). It has nothing to do with trying to achieve peace because this certainly won't.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made no statement this move will help bring peace. There will be no peace there and you stated two of the reasons it will never happen. Even if the embassy does move it’ll take years to actually happen so another POTUS could stop the process. Either way it won’t matter to peace.

I really don’t care about it. I have no problem supporting Israel even if it antagonizes Hamas and Iran. If they didn’t have this decision to foment hate they’d just find another so maybe we should strongly support this ally and let the chips fall where they may. Or maybe not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:

That tool also said something about it being treasonous and harmful to the nation to run up the debt using the Bank of China CC.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Last edited by: CruseVegas: Dec 7, 17 21:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

Read RangerGress post #88. He really hit the nail on the head.

Yes he did.

First, did you really view the US as unbiased in the peace process previously?

Second, do you contend that the Palestinians or any of the surrounding countries viewed the US as unbiased previously?

If the answers are affirmative: in the first case, no one can be offended, but in the second case you are offending the Palestinians and the surrounding countries, and you have no right to call those people stupid.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply

Prev Next