Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: California can’t catch a break [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
getcereal wrote:
Ridiculous! They probably have orders to stop you with any means, including shooting you!
If the air is so bad, where are the respirators for our soldiers.

If I absolutely insisted on entering that area I have no doubt that I’d be shot.

The air is clean.

It’s cool and calm and the humidity is higher than it has been.

Just heard a weather report (current conditions) on the radio that was plainly false. The dude said it was hot, dry and very windy downtown SB. I’m sitting here right now and can assure you it’s none of those things.

And the tone of voice from the radio guy sounded as thoug he knew he was reading bullshit.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: California can’t catch a break [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Light rain in Nipomo. Hope it makes it down there.

Re: California can’t catch a break [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
last tri in 83 wrote:
Light rain in Nipomo. Hope it makes it down there.

No. That’s a lie.

It’s hot, dry and blowing from the north east.

Seriously though, I just heard a weather report that said it is currently blowing 50 mph NE at the top of San Marcos Pass yet the weather station up there shows 8-10 wnw.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: California can’t catch a break [getcereal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
"And here’s the wind forecast for today/tonight. We have been told for 3 days now that people can’t go back to their homes becaue the forecast is for strong North East winds. No forecast has ever showed that. The only forecast that has ever said NE winds were spoken words from news weather and CalFire officials.

NWS Oxnard forecast station:
...A cooler day across the board with highs 3-6 degrees cooler than Tuesday on average. The biggest impact will be the increase in winds with and behind the frontal passage. Gusty west to northwest winds will be increasing in all coastal areas by this afternoon as well as the Antelope Valley and SB Mountains. Winds will start to veer to the north later this evening and evening and generate advisory level Sundowners in srn SB County as well as gusty winds in the Santa Monica mtns and I5 corridor region. Then by Thu morning winds will shift to northeast as we complete the transition to a low grade Santa Ana event for LA/Ventura counties.

Link to NWS
Quote Reply
Re: California can’t catch a break [bilmas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone considered that the fires and weather are being caused by those UFOs/aliens off of the California coast? They might be intercepting the signals from the weather stations and changing them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This guy's forecasts are fairly accurate. Here's what he wrote about Santa Barabra for today and tomorrow:

"As the front moves through, the concentration will be the Thomas Fire area. On Wednesday evening, winds will gust out of the west at first with the passing front, with elevated humidity. This is a good thing … however in the flip of a switch later on in the evening… these winds will change and come out of due north, gusting between 35 and 55 mph in the fire zone, including Downtown Santa Barbara and into the Ojai zones. This will be very dangerous component as the humidity levels would then drop once again."

http://www.southerncaliforniaweatherforce.com/...ong-santa-ana-winds/

War is god
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Then by Thu morning winds will shift to northeast as we complete the transition to a low grade Santa Ana event for LA/Ventura counties.

For LA and Ventura counties.

We’re in SB county, it’s dead calm and thousands are still evacuated from ares that have been totally safe since Sunday.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: California can’t catch a break [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank wrote:
This guy's forecasts are fairly accurate. Here's what he wrote about Santa Barabra for today and tomorrow:

"As the front moves through, the concentration will be the Thomas Fire area. On Wednesday evening, winds will gust out of the west at first with the passing front, with elevated humidity. This is a good thing … however in the flip of a switch later on in the evening… these winds will change and come out of due north, gusting between 35 and 55 mph in the fire zone, including Downtown Santa Barbara and into the Ojai zones. This will be very dangerous component as the humidity levels would then drop once again."

http://www.southerncaliforniaweatherforce.com/...ong-santa-ana-winds/

Well here I am and that ain’t happening. And I told you all it wasn’t going to because I’m looking at the actual raw weather data and modeling, and there isn’t a single model out there that forecasts any strong NE wind for Santa Barbara. And there are thousands of people in Santa Barbara who are being kept out of their perfectly safe homes by National Guard soldiers with armored vehicles and M16s.

And people are getting really pissed off. And there’s grumbling of keeping the evacuation orders in place until Saturday!

Why?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: California can’t catch a break [Crank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Btw, mail delivery was reinstated to the evacuation areas yet residents are not allowed to go in.

If “authorities” think the area is under a fire threat then why would they set up a scenario in which people mail would be incinerated?

This evacuation is total bullshit and has been since Sunday.

Again there has been NO DANGER in some of the evacuation areas since Sunday morning. None.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Btw, mail delivery was reinstated to the evacuation areas yet residents are not allowed to go in.

If “authorities” think the area is under a fire threat then why would they set up a scenario in which people mail would be incinerated?

Again there has been NO DANGER in some of the evacuation areas since Sunday morning. None.
Ask your friend the Fire Chief.
The weather data is available to anyone, why are'nt there a ton of Duffys out there raising hell? I thought you California folk were proactive. Sounds more like China.

sometimes
Quote Reply
Re: California can’t catch a break [mustangchef] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mustangchef wrote:
Duffy wrote:

The weather data is available to anyone, why are'nt there a ton of Duffys out there raising hell? I thought you California folk were proactive. Sounds more like China.

Actually, a lot of people are raising hell.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
mustangchef wrote:
Duffy wrote:

Actually, a lot of people are raising hell.

So go then! Get all of these 'a lot' people together and everyone rush to their house. They can't shoot all of you. #resist
Quote Reply
Re: California can’t catch a break [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We’ve been pushing the people giving orders, not the kids that are taking them.

Evacuation was just lifted.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:

Evacuation was just lifted.

That's good to hear.
Quote Reply

Prev Next