Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Donald and families banking records AND joining a secret service question
Quote | Reply
So apparently his records have been handed over to Mueller to see if there is a Russia - Donald - Campaign link

Now I understood if I attempted to join a UK intelligence service and was considered a potential candidate.

When they trawl through my life and acquaintances they would look at things that could make me susceptible to being coerced including indebtedness. Is that true?

IF the ruskies have billions tied up in the dons businesses is there a problem there?

What can Mueller do even if don owes russia a dollar?
Quote Reply
Re: The Donald and families banking records AND joining a secret service question [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably nothing Mueller could do other than release information stating that Trump is vulnerable to being bribed or influenced/compromised. That's not a crime AFAIK - while it would disqualify any normal citizen from getting a security clearance, I highly doubt it is relevant to a sitting POTUS. Maybe impeachable as it's a risk to our national security, etc, etc. But that isn't for Mueller.

I tend to agree with others who have pontificated that if Mueller can find enough against Trump, and it's likely to come from the finances, he can pressure Trump to resign. I highly suspect that's Mueller's end goal, not trying to charge Trump and trigger a constitutional crisis.

Having said all that, I'm just along for the ride like everyone else...
Quote Reply
Re: The Donald and families banking records AND joining a secret service question [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Probably nothing Mueller could do other than release information stating that Trump is vulnerable to being bribed or influenced/compromised. That's not a crime AFAIK - while it would disqualify any normal citizen from getting a security clearance, I highly doubt it is relevant to a sitting POTUS. Maybe impeachable as it's a risk to our national security, etc, etc. But that isn't for Mueller.

I tend to agree with others who have pontificated that if Mueller can find enough against Trump, and it's likely to come from the finances, he can pressure Trump to resign. I highly suspect that's Mueller's end goal, not trying to charge Trump and trigger a constitutional crisis.

I'd be very surprised to see Trump resign no matter how much Mueller might find. His ego would never allow him to resign. He'd just keep calling it fake news, keep preaching to his base that it's all a conspiracy and continue blaming Hilary. And they'd keep believing him. But we'll have to wait and see what Mueller finds.
Quote Reply
Re: The Donald and families banking records AND joining a secret service question [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless what is discovered in the finances could spell financial ruin for Trump if prosecuted or made public or is in violation of securities laws, etc. if this is the case, Trump will resign faster than his lawyer can type out 140 characters.
Quote Reply
Re: The Donald and families banking records AND joining a secret service question [JD21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JD21 wrote:
Unless what is discovered in the finances could spell financial ruin for Trump if prosecuted or made public or is in violation of securities laws, etc. if this is the case, Trump will resign faster than his lawyer can type out 140 characters.

I think you're right.
Quote Reply
Re: The Donald and families banking records AND joining a secret service question [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mueller has a lot of people on his team with experience in money laundering and byzantine transfers of money.

I would think they are looking for things worse than just susceptibility to blackmail. And also the absence of things.

Hey, if Trump hasn't done anything and they don't find anything, good for the country. We might have elected a goof, but at least we would know we didn't elect a goof that is selling us down the river.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Are you kidding me? Your stated Mueller goal would trigger the mother of all constitutional crisises. Mueller's job isn't to find a way to remove Trump from office. It's unbelievable that we're just going to allow a special prosecutor to just "go until you get something". WTF.
Quote Reply
Re: The Donald and families banking records AND joining a secret service question [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Quote:

Are you kidding me? Your stated Mueller goal would trigger the mother of all constitutional crisises. Mueller's job isn't to find a way to remove Trump from office. It's unbelievable that we're just going to allow a special prosecutor to just "go until you get something". WTF.

Yeah, who does he think he is? Ken Starr?

Quote Reply
Re: The Donald and families banking records AND joining a secret service question [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
SH wrote:
Quote:

Right. We can't learn from anything?
Quote Reply
Re: The Donald and families banking records AND joining a secret service question [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
//It's unbelievable that we're just going to allow a special prosecutor to just "go until you get something". WTF. //

In my opinion, this is the reality. He will keep going until he finds 'something' because he's a political animal just like the rest of them and if he finds 'nothing' he'll view his mission as a failure and wasted time/expense. This is only an opinion but do you see this any other way? Do you really believe it's about the truth and nothing but the truth?

BTW, I just had a 'news flash' stating Mueller has not actually subpoenaed Deutsche Bank for Trump's finances. Could be wrong but, if true, will hit the mainstream shortly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
Quote:

I am pretty sure that crisis was triggered when you guys elected Trump. This is just part of the mess.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by spudone [ In reply to ]
Re: The Donald and families banking records AND joining a secret service question [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
JD21 wrote:

I'd be very surprised to see Trump resign no matter how much Mueller might find. His ego would never allow him to resign. He'd just keep calling it fake news, keep preaching to his base that it's all a conspiracy and continue blaming Hilary. And they'd keep believing him. But we'll have to wait and see what Mueller finds.

If he's willing to start telling people that something as obvious as the Access Hollywood tape was faked, he's willing to try anything. Saw a poll that said 79% of Trump voters said Trump should remain in office even if Russia collusion is proven. It's bizarro world. Remember when America was great and it was the right who scolded the left that if they don't like it, they should move to Russia.
Quote Reply
Re: The Donald and families banking records AND joining a secret service question [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yeah -- now get off my lawn...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
j p o wrote:
SH wrote:
Quote:

Right. We can't learn from anything?

Apparently not. Those who don't learn from history are bound to repeat it. Those who do learn have to stand around and watch while those who don't repeat it.

Quote Reply