Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Athletic Tourism / What would you want / pay for?
Quote | Reply
Hello ST Gang:
How many times have you been in a new city for work, vacation, or family gathering and missed out on a great run trail or local swim spot that was Right Under you nose. Had time to rent a bike while away from home, but didn't know what shops had good bikes and what routes to ride that were scenic and safe. Saw miles of Oceans or lakes, but not where to safely swim or a group to swim with?

I know that I have missed out on all of the above when I have travelled away from home. Heck, I had been to Honolulu Waikiki 2 times for 4 days each before discovering Ala Moana beach, and open water swimming there. I was on Maui 6 days before I found the best coffee house for a craft Mocha. I would have never known or figured out how to get to Left Hand Canyon in Boulder if I was not with a friend who lived there, and it certainly would have take a day or 2 to find Boxcar or Amante Coffee.

So my question to you is:
* What are somethings that you would look for on an vacation as an endurance athlete?
* Would you hire a guide? If so for what for. What services would you pay for?
* What service would a guide provide? Full Sherpa and Team Car experience / Ride along
* Shop and Bike rental recommendations
* Food and Coffee

Thank you in advance for your help with some brainstorming.
Pete

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Re: Athletic Tourism / What would you want / pay for? [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With Strava it’s pretty simple to find all the good riding routes in a new city. Planning to visit Girona in the spring and just have to look a where Robert Gesink rides. Dozens of perfect routes complete with pictures. I haven’t looked but expect you could do the same for running.
Quote Reply
Re: Athletic Tourism / What would you want / pay for? [gymrat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gymrat wrote:

I know that I have missed out on all of the above when I have travelled away from home. Heck, I had been to Honolulu Waikiki 2 times for 4 days each before discovering Ala Moana beach, and open water swimming there. I was on Maui 6 days before I found the best coffee house for a craft Mocha. I would have never known or figured out how to get to Left Hand Canyon in Boulder if I was not with a friend who lived there, and it certainly would have take a day or 2 to find Boxcar or Amante Coffee.
Pete

Couldn't you discover all of those places pretty easily via the internet?
Quote Reply