Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cross country move?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ever sold their home, business, retired, and packed up, the rest in order to move cross country to start over out west?
Wife and I have been talking about this for years, and now coming closer to being ready.
We went on a scouting trip last summer and found a state, town. Prospective employment is promising to the point of being hired into fulfilling positions after cold call drop-ins.
I just don't know exactly how to begin the move.
Quote Reply
Re: Cross country move? [BIKE3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The west is the best,
Get here and we’ll do the rest.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Cross country move? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
The west is the best,

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
The west is the best,

+5

king of the road says you move too slow
KING OF THE ROAD SAYS YOU MOVE TOO SLOW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
The west is the best,
This may be true but we have more than our share. Please stop with the open invitation.

Quote | Reply
ttocsmi wrote:
Duffy wrote:
The west is the best,

+5

5 to 1 baby,
1 in 5.

No one here gets out alive.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Where are you moving from and where are you going? Are you going to a great place to live or just going where there's work?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love to go live somewhere like Maine for a year or two. I like where I live and my parents and wife's parents live in the area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did it back in '99. Mrs. EndlessH2O & I were at a point in our lives that we wanted something different than the rat race of the North East (Philly area). We started seriously considering a move out west after a visit to see my MIL at her ranch outside of Silver City. My wife was able to land a job with a dot bomb in Santa Fe six months after that first visit, but we ended having to move in 2002 when her company couldn't control their burn rate. She had an offer in Boston (yeah, no) and Raleigh-Durham - we settled in Raleigh-Durham. My retirement plan is to move back to the desert Southwest (probably New Mexico but not Santa Fe) or Southern Colorado.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the words of Horace Greeley, "Washington is not a place to live in. The rents are high, the food is bad, the dust is disgusting and the morals are deplorable. Go West, young man, go West and grow up with the country."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We moved from Michigan to CA in 99. Sold the house and all the furniture. Spent 8 weeks camping looking at possible places to live. We were in CO, NM, AZ and CA. Had the time of our lives before settling in CA which was a great decision.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply