Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Long and low? Shiv TT? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Are you talking about the current model of the DEA

I have a 2011 DA, but the geometry appears minimally changed for the current (2014+) iteration.

Frame Stack/Reach in a 56:
Felt 516/432
P4 516/433

edit: linked the 2015 above because the geometry page is blank on the 2016
Last edited by: ctflower: Dec 5, 17 8:22
Quote Reply
Re: Long and low? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
Well that is a loaded question. USE makes/made a a bar. Tony Martin ran the Shimano Pro, but I am not sure how they made the stem work. The fork itself is a standard 1 1/8 steer tube. The trick will be having the bolts/profile on the back tight enough to fit in the notch of the top tube.

Oval Concepts 760 aero stem has "flush" fork tube clamp bolts, and comes in lengths from 80 to 130mm in 10 mm increments. Might do the trick for putting other base bars on a Shiv TT, and having some way to adjust reach besides moving the armrest cups forward/backwards. Only comes in an +/- 8* rise, though.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Long and low? [pyrahna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pyrahna wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:
Well that is a loaded question. USE makes/made a a bar. Tony Martin ran the Shimano Pro, but I am not sure how they made the stem work. The fork itself is a standard 1 1/8 steer tube. The trick will be having the bolts/profile on the back tight enough to fit in the notch of the top tube.

The adjustability of the Shiv bars has never been great. The bike was designed for Cancellara and his low/flat hand position. Nevertheless, the bolt spacing for the pads is generic, so you can run any of the aftermarket pads and extensions. I run a super narrow high-hand position made out of a hodge podge of parts.

Specialized doesn't even list the Shiv TT in the US, but if you look at the British site, they added a new fork to replace the old 3:1 fork and changed the layup.

I'm just curious, where did you hear they changed the layup? Isn't the fork just the same fork as the 'Tri' Shiv has had for a while?

I only have my phone, so I have a hard time pasting link, but google RIP Shiv TT Slowtwitch and you should find the previous link. NeilRidley posted a link to the UK Specialized page. The description says revised carbon layup and the form is definitely not from the Shiv Tri (unless I am missing something).

If Specialized is revising the ShivTT it makes me think there isn’t going to be a new TT bike anytime soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quintana Roo CD0.1

Medium Large
Stack 51.7
Reach 43.8

Large
Stack 54.5
Reach 45.2
Quote Reply
Re: Long and low? [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The DA does look promising. Why do we not show more love for the Felt DA.
Quote Reply
Re: Long and low? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:

Because it's long and low? Also, I don't think it tests AS WELL as non-UCI bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Long and low? [ctflower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ctflower wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Because it's long and low? Also, I don't think it tests AS WELL as non-UCI bikes.

I think you mean it's *not* long and low

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ctflower wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Apparently it does. There was a thread about a month back here on the 'Twitch linking to a German magazine that took a bunch of superbikes to the tunnel. The Felt DA bested their own UCI-illegal IA, if I recall correctly, or at least was within spitting distance of it. Remember they introduced a new, integrated-brake fork.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Long and low? [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
ctflower wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

Apparently it does. There was a thread about a month back here on the 'Twitch linking to a German magazine that took a bunch of superbikes to the tunnel. The Felt DA bested their own UCI-illegal IA, if I recall correctly, or at least was within spitting distance of it. Remember they introduced a new, integrated-brake fork.

Very cool ... will have to dig for that. I have the non-integrated brake fork and I'm taking on some extra drag as a result, but not enough that I'll go out and get a new bike. Once the real Canyon TT is available in the US, I might be more tempted though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can someone please explain to me what you're stem options are with that bike. When it comes to a flat or -17 degrees stem do you literally only have two lengths
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In your situation, you could either get a TriRig Omega, or upgrade to the new fork (same frame, same Bayonet fork fitting). IIRC the Canyon was in the same ballpark, drag-wise. That Felt DA really is an outstanding design.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Can someone please explain to me what you're stem options are with that bike. When it comes to a flat or -17 degrees stem do you literally only have two lengths

With the bayonet 3 (non-integrated brake fork) you could get a flat/-17 stem in 90 or 110 mm lengths. The bayonet 4 stem comes in at least a 90, not sure about a 110. A bar with reasonable adjustability should get you into a good fit.

ericMPro wrote:
ctflower wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

I think you mean it's *not* long and low

I guess it's on the higher side of low, but I think it would still fall into the greater real of long/low frames, no? It's not the last run of the Speedmax low, but I'd still consider it "low".
Last edited by: ctflower: Dec 6, 17 9:13
Quote Reply
Re: Long and low? [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
In your situation, you could either get a TriRig Omega, or upgrade to the new fork (same frame, same Bayonet fork fitting). IIRC the Canyon was in the same ballpark, drag-wise. That Felt DA really is an outstanding design.

Is it possible to purchase JUST the bayonet 4 fork?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very promising.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably depends on your local Felt dealer or LBS. Back when SuperDave (ST user) was working for them, he said something about it being a possible upgrade.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
Are any of the current bike manufacturers making a long and low geometry bike anymore? I know there's always the old P3 or P4 but what about bikes currently on the market.

The Exocet 2 from Planet X has a nice long/low geometry, and is far easier to set up/adjust/travel with than practically any superbike. It's not as high-end as the typical superbike, but then again it doesn't have the same price-tag, either.
Quote Reply
Re: Long and low? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you saying the DA is not long and low? Looking at the frameset geometry in L and XL, the stack/reach is 51.6/43.2 and 53.6/44.7 respectively. That's very close to the ML and Large for my CD0.1 and almost identical to the old P3 in the 56 and 58 size.

It is frustrating though that there are limited options in long and low.
Quote Reply
Re: Long and low? [BoKnowsT1D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get more frustrated at the long than the low. I'm already on a long stem. I'm considering getting a old P3.
Quote Reply

Prev Next