Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: I know there are some fruit loops in here BUT Nothing compared to the nonsense [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
Yes he is. There will be string of posts all by him, but it will be a post by him followed by him quoting himself and pasting in the response from Frank and following that with him quoting it again and his next post. I only click on it to see just how off the rails he has gotten at this point.

Calling him a douche on alcohol is really a bit mean to your average alcohol fueled douche. At some point many of them will sober up, but his issues are permanent.

Haha, I meant in the alcohol thread.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: I know there are some fruit loops in here BUT Nothing compared to the nonsense [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
Yes he is. There will be string of posts all by him, but it will be a post by him followed by him quoting himself and pasting in the response from Frank and following that with him quoting it again and his next post. I only click on it to see just how off the rails he has gotten at this point.

Calling him a douche on alcohol is really a bit mean to your average alcohol fueled douche. At some point many of them will sober up, but his issues are permanent.

I'll be the "devil's" advocate. I'm totally good with what he's doing, and his attempts to share the results with us. He's conducting some interesting experiments. There's a lot of criticisms that his experiments aren't sufficiently rigorous, but a lot of that is just that folks like to criticize. Lack of rigor does not equal lack of value. Experimental results are interesting. They contribute to a body of knowledge.

I don't see the critics working as hard to pursue experiments and disseminate the results. Talk is cheap, but not too many have the gumption and tenacity to "do", so I respect what he's doing. I respect "do-ers".

Over time, as people conduct variations of these kinds of experiments and disseminate the results, some consensus often emerges. And sometimes it's in conflict with common wisdom.

He's taken a lot of shit from folks, some of it pretty mean-spirited. And he's been really quite generous in his responses. Makes me want to cheer for him.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: I know there are some fruit loops in here BUT Nothing compared to the nonsense [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crank length isn’t really that important as long as you have a proper stroke.

I’ve never actually measured mine, I just look down and think to myself, “that shit is big!”

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next