Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NBC Erasing All Memory of Matt Lauer
Quote | Reply
I call it "destroying the evidence." ;-)

"NBC News is bulldozing and erasing all memory of Matt Lauer from 30 Rock by demolishing his office, ripping off his name plate from the building and destroying all pictures of the shamed anchor.

Network insiders said Lauer’s office on the third floor of 30 Rock was one of many undergoing renovation, but now they have instead started tearing it apart.

One told us, “Matt’s office is being completely demolished. Everything is going, including that button under his desk, his name plate, the photos of him in the hallways, the pictures of him online and on NBC News social media. They are so sickened by his behavior it is almost like they want to pretend he never existed.”"

What are they going to do next, salt the earth upon which his office once stood? Plant roses and garlic in the soil and get a Catholic priest to throw some holy water at it? Incubus! Succubus! ;-)

NBC News is erasing all memory of Matt Lauer | Page Six

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Erasing All Memory of Matt Lauer [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone want to give odds on a construction worker grabbing the button under desk and selling it on eBay?

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Erasing All Memory of Matt Lauer [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:
Anyone want to give odds on a construction worker grabbing the button under desk and selling it on eBay?

Hahahahahahahaha! That's great! :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can't erase the past best just to learn from it.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The phrase you're looking for is Damnatio Memoriae
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Erasing All Memory of Matt Lauer [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
You can't erase the past...

That seems like exactly what the left wants to do right now.

Taking down statues, getting rid of flags, erasing Matt Lauer, taking classic books out of libraries...the list is long.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
he'll always be out there somewhere.

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Erasing All Memory of Matt Lauer [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
You can't erase the past...

That question was put to the test last night.

Hard drive restored to factory settings.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Network insiders said Lauer’s office on the third floor of 30 Rock was one of many undergoing renovation, but now they have instead started tearing it apart.

They aren't doing it to erase memories of Lauer, they're trying to ensure the evidence of NBC's knowledge of his actions is destroyed.
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Erasing All Memory of Matt Lauer [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

They aren't doing it to erase memories of Lauer, they're trying to ensure the evidence of NBC's knowledge of his actions is destroyed.

It’s becaue he’s white.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you think NBC should have been handled it?
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Erasing All Memory of Matt Lauer [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:

I can see why they'd want to do the whole whitewash of history thing and start airbrushing Lauer out of corporate memory, if only because they're likely looking at several potentially costly lawsuits (including from Lauer himself). But doing what they're doing right now, just makes them look like they've got something to hide and that they really are destroying any evidence left behind by both the anchorman and the network. Those are actions of a guilty party, in other words.

Me, I'm always in favor of forthrightness and complete transparency, and I think NBC maybe should have demonstrated a bit more of that. But with millions and maybe $1 billion, in total, in losses at stake one can see that the network can't afford to be as open as most would want them to be.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
J_R wrote:

I can see why they'd want to do the whole whitewash of history thing and start airbrushing Lauer out of corporate memory, if only because they're likely looking at several potentially costly lawsuits (including from Lauer himself). But doing what they're doing right now, just makes them look like they've got something to hide and that they really are destroying any evidence left behind by both the anchorman and the network. Those are actions of a guilty party, in other words.

Me, I'm always in favor of forthrightness and complete transparency, and I think NBC maybe should have demonstrated a bit more of that. But with millions and maybe $1 billion, in total, in losses at stake one can see that the network can't afford to be as open as most would want them to be.

Fair enough, if you think that their actions might cover up needed evidence. From the standpoint of removing pictures of him, etc, I'd expect no less.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
J_R wrote:

Fair enough, if you think that their actions might cover up needed evidence. From the standpoint of removing pictures of him, etc, I'd expect no less.

Yeah, I wouldn't want his smiling visage gazing down at all the women strolling past the portraits hanging on the lobby walls over at 30 Rock, either. Sends the wrong message. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
J_R wrote:

Better than they did with Ann Curry.

I'll admit i was bamboozled and watched their morning show (when i watched morning shows) for years. The 'where in the world is Matt Lauer" thing and all that shtick. Blech. Fooled me good i guess.

Then they kicked Ann Curry to the curb in such a harsh and hard handed manner and I've never watched them sense

Karma Bitch!

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

"NBC News is bulldozing and erasing all memory of Matt Lauer from 30 Rock by demolishing his office, ripping off his name plate from the building and destroying all pictures of the shamed anchor.

One told us, “Matt’s office is being completely demolished. Everything is going, including that button under his desk, his name plate, the photos of him in the hallways, the pictures of him online and on NBC News social media. They are so sickened by his behavior it is almost like they want to pretend he never existed.”"

What are they going to do next, salt the earth upon which his office once stood? Plant roses and garlic in the soil and get a Catholic priest to throw some holy water at it? Incubus! Succubus! ;-)

It would be stupid to delay rebranding a 500 million dollar asset once something like this happens. Time is money after all. Renovating office space is nothiing earth shattering. Your reaction seems to be one based entirely upon the spin of the story.
Quote Reply
Re: NBC Erasing All Memory of Matt Lauer [SH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SH wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

It would be stupid to delay rebranding a 500 million dollar asset once something like this happens. Time is money after all. Renovating office space is nothiing earth shattering. Your reaction seems to be one based entirely upon the spin of the story.

Really? Duh. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Really? Duh. ;-)

Hey, that's why they invented the pink font.
Quote Reply