Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I went all marathon man and ripped a big toe nail off.........
Quote | Reply
Its a bit sore......
Quote Reply
Re: I went all marathon man and ripped a big toe nail off......... [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for your loss.
Quote Reply
Re: I went all marathon man and ripped a big toe nail off......... [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am sure time is a great healer
Quote Reply
Re: I went all marathon man and ripped a big toe nail off......... [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You nailed it. Baby steps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Were you recently using a teleportation machine?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took mine about 6 months before it even started growing back. At the time I was in college and still wanted a toenail for some reason and was getting worried. Just don't get freaked out initially if u still want it to grow back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dropped a ladder on my big toe in June, and a purple (blood) spot developed right where it meets the skin. As the toenail has grown - the purple spot has moved toward the end of my toe - but it is still only about half way there. I guess that gives a good idea on how quickly a toenail regrows.

I can post photos if anyone wants to see it. Or, I can provide a link to my Facebook page - I have weekly updates for all the people who care about things like the toe, or when I get an Icee from the convenience store after doing any form of exercise. :)
Quote Reply
Re: I went all marathon man and ripped a big toe nail off......... [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dropped an 8ft tall metal shelving support fall and land right on my big toe last year, blood, pain and black and blue immediately. About 2 months later as soon as the soreness started to fade, I was picking my daughter up out of her high chair (solid wood) the wooden sliding tray slid out and landed perfectly in the exact same spot. Jesus that shit hurt like hell, took several months for that thing to fully recover. I think I fractured it but never went to dr. Who knows
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will no longer think of you as a man of great integument.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#toenailsmatter
Quote Reply
Re: I went all marathon man and ripped a big toe nail off......... [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I dropped a ladder on my big toe in June, and a purple (blood) spot developed right where it meets the skin. As the toenail has grown - the purple spot has moved toward the end of my toe - but it is still only about half way there. I guess that gives a good idea on how quickly a toenail regrows.

I smashed my toe around then as well. In my case, however, the bruise went the whole side to side of the root of my toe

A couple weeks later, it started "leaking," then the nail separated from below the cuticle. It was still attached at the front of my toe however, so it kinda flipped forward like the hood on an old Corvette

I finally took it off mid-July and the new nail has grown back about halfway

After many episodes of post-race black toenails, this is the first I've lost from back to front

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: I went all marathon man and ripped a big toe nail off......... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not toe but thumb smashed between two giant sections of a tree as I was moving one in position for log splitter. I developed the purple spot toward the base of thumb not far from skin. I can't remember if it was pain from pressure or wanting to keep the nail because of my quickly approaching wedding. I read to help keep the nail it needed to be drained so I got a drill bit. Cleaned it and drilled the spot where the blood was. Once I was close to getting through the nail I cleaned and heated a needle and broke through to drain it.

Didn't work, still lost the nail. The picture of the car head reminded me about that.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: I went all marathon man and ripped a big toe nail off......... [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of weddings and injuries

A guy I worked with went out on his bachelor do.

At a bar. Thinks it would be funny to get two shots of sambuca, set fire to them to burn school, drop his trousers and get them to stick to his arse with the vacuum effect.

Barman chatting, still alight but most of alcohol burnt off. Drops trousers but they dontnstick to his arse, it just runs down back of his legs and scales him. Didn't think it was funny apparently......

Not looked at toe nail since saturday
Quote Reply