Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I Love YouTube!
Quote | Reply
I Fixed my "broken" garage door tonight, since the company didn't respond to me. Super easy fix, but probably would have been over charged for the job.

Fixed my pellet stove recently.

I fixed my dryer 3 years ago, saved hundreds.

I've used it so many times for jobs around the house I can't imagine how much $ I would have spent in the past 8 years (home owner for the past 8) on pros doing jobs.

*I also love watching zit pops (Dr. Pimple popper), ear was removals and chiro back cracks.

Just figured I would give a shout out to YT.
Quote Reply
Re: I Love YouTube! [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fail Army.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YT has also taught me a bunch. Part of me feels bad about the whole learning to service most things on my bike myself part, as the local shop guys don’t get the obligatory “thank you” 6 pack from me very often anymore. But they wouldn’t have sold me a bunch of tools we’re it not for YT.
Quote Reply
Re: I Love YouTube! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Fail Army.

If you’re 9. Fail
Quote Reply
Re: I Love YouTube! [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy101 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Fail Army.

If you’re 9. Fail

Oh you’re so grown up (and probably mostly unhappy).

I’ll watch my epic fail videos and laugh my ass off while you drink and take pills to ease your stress, anxiety and depression.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. Learned to tile, frame rooms, install ductwork, fix dryer, install recessed lights and other stuff. Maybe not 100% on all of those but defiantly increased my confidence on what I was doing.

On top of that GCN has a good page for bike trainer workouts. Yes I'll take that shit to the tri forum.
Quote Reply
Re: I Love YouTube! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
triguy101 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Fail Army.

If you’re 9. Fail

I’ll watch my epic fail videos and laugh my ass off while you drink and take pills to ease your stress, anxiety and depression.

Says the man who doesn’t watch TV

Anyway, back to my Xanax...
Quote Reply
Re: I Love YouTube! [triguy101] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triguy101 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
triguy101 wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Fail Army.

If you’re 9. Fail

Says the man who doesn’t watch TV

Anyway, back to my Xanax...

Is there an Epic Fail cable channel?

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
me too usually..

Having trouble finding how to repair the lights in my Sirius range hood light system, they stopped working a couple of weeks ago and can't seem to get a service rep out here to fix the problem so I'm going to try and tackle this myself. No luck on YouTube yet for exactly what I'm looking for
Last edited by: SkipG: Dec 3, 17 8:37
Quote Reply
Re: I Love YouTube! [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if there is a youtube video for retrieving photos from iCloud. We moved a lot of vacation photos to it and now cannot access them from any device.
Quote Reply
Re: I Love YouTube! [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sucks. Good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used youtube for a lot of stuff from basic home repair to working on my cars or motorcycles. Its great.
Quote Reply
Re: I Love YouTube! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:
I've used youtube for a lot of stuff from basic home repair to working on my cars or motorcycles. Its great.

For cars, YT can be better than having the Haynes repair manual. I can usually find the exact make and year and specific maintenance . . . although I haven't used it for anything major.
Quote Reply
Re: I Love YouTube! [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
schroeder wrote:
cerveloguy wrote:

For cars, YT can be better than having the Haynes repair manual. I can usually find the exact make and year and specific maintenance . . . although I haven't used it for anything major.

+1. It's even better than the Factory Service Manual in some cases. Especially at those puzzling times when things aren't going right and the manual is no help - the videos can help confirm that you didn't miss something simple.

Like the bolt that you were supposed to remove; you know, the bolt that holds on the part that you're beating on with the engineers hammer in between bouts with the propane torch. Not that I'd do something that stupid, no sir. Ahem.
Quote Reply
Re: I Love YouTube! [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I wonder if there is a youtube video for retrieving photos from iCloud. We moved a lot of vacation photos to it and now cannot access them from any device.

Quote Reply
Re: I Love YouTube! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy wrote:

Agreed! I forgot about fixing my riding mower (bought from guy on roadside yard sale), and cars issues.
Quote Reply
Re: I Love YouTube! [RZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RZ wrote:
rick_pcfl wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. When I login from a PC, most of the photos have a triangle with an exclamation point. Reading on help forums it says to rebuild/repair the photo database. But the commands to do it seem to be MAC commands and not PC commands.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Youtube is awesome for DIY. On another note I recently watched a post mortem autopsy of an obese woman and it was fascinating.
Quote Reply