Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nancy Pelosi Calls for Resignation of (Non-Icon) Ruben Kihuen (Sex Harassment)
Quote | Reply
First, there's Blake "Jabba the Hutt" Farenthold and his having had $84,000 in secret congressional slush fund money paid to settle sex harassment claims, and now comes US representative Ruben Kihuen of Nevada, who only took office last January. The leader of his House caucus, Nancy Pelosi, has called for him to resign following allegations by a former campaign finance director that he repeatedly sexually harassed her.

Unlike Michigan congressman John "PLAYAH!" Conyers, Kihuen isn't an "icon" or long, long, longtime member of the House of Representatives, and so Ms. Pelosi no doubt feels empowered to demand he resign posthaste and forthwith in order to spare the ailing institution known as "Congress" any additional embarrassment and blood loss. Hey: in a legislative body totaling 535 representatives and US senators you're bound to have 450 or 500 or so who just can't keep it in their pants, amirite? ;-)

Anyway, the former director of Kihuen's campaign finances, who naturally enough followed him to D.C., began experiencing the loving touch from Mr. Ruben sometime last February. She claims the 35-year-old newly minted US representative of the great state of Nevada began asking her out on dates and for sex despite her constant objections. The 25-year-old staffer says he went as far as touching her thighs on at least two occasions. Ah yes, the old slide-the-hand-up-the-thigh gag. Works every time. Not.

What's worse, the staffer -- who's being called "Samantha" to protect her identity -- alleges she went straight to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, the DCCC, during Kihuen's primary:

"While Samantha was uncertain how she could report her experience, she said she spoke with a contact at the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee to explain why she was quitting so abruptly, and told the staffer that Kihuen had done things that made her uncomfortable.

“I didn’t know what they could do, but I felt like I had to let someone know,” she said.

The person she spoke with at the DCCC, a midlevel staffer who no longer works there, confirmed a conversation took place. He said he did not recall her telling him any specifics, only that she quit because she felt uncomfortable with Kihuen, and he did not believe that she wanted the DCCC to escalate it. He spoke only with a colleague — another midlevel staffer who is also no longer there — about the call.

Because the race was, at that point, still in the primaries, the DCCC had limited involvement in Kihuen’s campaign. But the second staffer informed Kihuen’s campaign manager, Dave Chase, of Samantha’s call after she had left the campaign. Chase confirmed to BuzzFeed News that someone at the DCCC called to say that the woman had quit because she felt “uncomfortable” around Kihuen, but he was not aware of the specifics of the allegations. He says he confronted Kihuen, who denied that anything improper had occurred."

Sounds like a lot of keister covering going right about now.

Say it with me, folks: All politicians are scumbags and we've given them too much power over our society. Taxes, basic rights, fluoride in our water ( ;-) ), sex harassment... you name it. They've got the power, baby. ;-)

She Says She Quit Her Campaign Job After He Harassed Her. Now He’s In Congress.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Nancy Pelosi Calls for Resignation of (Non-Icon) Ruben Kihuen (Sex Harassment) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pelosi is being quite consistent, actually.

https://www.google.com/...jFpHAgTz35qaip9jIKe2

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Nancy Pelosi Calls for Resignation of (Non-Icon) Ruben Kihuen (Sex Harassment) [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:

She stepped in it royally at first, last week, during a disastrous TV interview, and came across as saying an exception should be made for Conyers because of his "icon" status. She desperately began backtracking only when l'affaire Conyers really took off and women seemingly began coming out of the woodwork to accuse him of various and sundry Playah!-type moves, including the original accuser, a black woman.

Until that happend, Pelosi had resolutely stood by the Michigan pol. Egregiously, some of her lieutenants, most especially including South Carolina's James Clyburn, seemed to imply that Conyers was basically being persecuted by white women, who are of course not trustworthy because of their skin color.

Her only consistency on this matter has been her inconsistency, until she suddenly came to JEEEE-ZUS! the other day, apparently. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Nancy Pelosi Calls for Resignation of (Non-Icon) Ruben Kihuen (Sex Harassment) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For staying out of politics you sure are wearing out your keyboard the last few days.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Nancy Pelosi Calls for Resignation of (Non-Icon) Ruben Kihuen (Sex Harassment) [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:

Poor Nancy - It can be so hard keeping all your favorite special interest groups happy.

"Black lawmakers wonder why Conyers has to go — but not Franken"
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/30/john-conyers-al-franken-congressional-black-caucus-274335
Quote Reply
Re: Nancy Pelosi Calls for Resignation of (Non-Icon) Ruben Kihuen (Sex Harassment) [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
For staying out of politics you sure are wearing out your keyboard the last few days.

Congressional sex scandals are just too juicy. I believe I've been evenhanded, for what it's worth. Farenthold's what? A Republican, right? Actually, I try to avoid mentioning any political affiliation whenever possible. I had to with Pelosi because of her involvement in calling for Kihuen's resignation, as well as the issue with the DCCC.

The only interest I have in the Flynn thing -- and I quite frankly couldn't care less what becomes of either him or his old boss -- is because it's a matter of interest for me in a legal sense. That old JD of mine won't let me not opine on something to do with criminal procedure and investigation (and a whole lot of supposition).

But like I said: politicians are scumbags. All of them.

All. Of. Them. One day, you guys are gonna realize that. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
j p o wrote:

Congressional sex scandals are just too juicy. I believe I've been evenhanded, for what it's worth. Farenthold's what? A Republican, right? Actually, I try to avoid mentioning any political affiliation whenever possible. I had to with Pelosi because of her involvement in calling for Kihuen's resignation, as well as the issue with the DCCC.

The only interest I have in the Flynn thing -- and I quite frankly couldn't care less what becomes of either him or his old boss -- is because it's a matter of interest for me in a legal sense. That old JD of mine won't let me not opine on something to do with criminal procedure and investigation (and a whole lot of supposition).

Fair enough, both sides are doing their best to protect their own, no one has the high ground.

But your posts are so long I can't read to the end. I get distracted by shiny things and forget where I was.

And you got to know that what Flynn is pleading to has nothing to do with what/who he is singing about.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Nancy Pelosi Calls for Resignation of (Non-Icon) Ruben Kihuen (Sex Harassment) [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
j p o wrote:

Fair enough, both sides are doing their best to protect their own, no one has the high ground.

But your posts are so long I can't read to the end. I get distracted by shiny things and forget where I was.

And you got to know that what Flynn is pleading to has nothing to do with what/who he is singing about.

Brevity is the soul of wit. Unfortunately, I'm witless. ;-)

Quote Reply