Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Senate Okays Big Tax Bill [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
The Penn Wharton School of Business said the House plan would increase the $20 trillion debt by $2 trillion over its first 10 years. The Wharton estimate includes $500 billion in additional interest on the debt. It said the House plan would boost growth by 0.4 percent and 0.9 percent in its first 10 years. But it might not improve growth at all in the subsequent 10 years.

Yeah but they got legislation passed, that's all that counts, right, right?

M.A.G.A

This sounds like a great plan then. Obama increased the debt by $10T (100%) in eight years. Only $2T (10%) in ten years in ten is a major accomplishment for Washington, and if it comes with a huge increase in economic growth then its MAGA indeed. Thanks, Trump.
Quote Reply
Re: Senate Okays Big Tax Bill [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
My first thought was who are they going to send the bill to? Who is going to pay for this bill. Oh, right your kids.

Or they could stop spending more than they take in in tax revenues. That's a novel idea. But they look at our money as an entitlement, and most people are used to Uncle Sugar doling out that sweet, sweet candy, so it's probably not ever gonna happen. Instead, we'll just keep borrowing, I suppose.

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Senate Okays Big Tax Bill [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a tax plan calculator to see what the GOP plan might mean to you:

Tax Plan Calculator by Maxim Lott

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't mean to say don't cut taxes. Just don't cut taxes without cutting spending. Or cut spending and leave taxes where they are. Just stop kicking the can down the road. Just stop. We have the same thing in Canuck land. I think one of these days we are going to have a "this time it is different moment"

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the most comical thing I've heard in a while is Chuckey Shumer complaining about not being able to read the bill.

#LDS

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply

Prev Next