Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Sanders... Motivation [alexanderzlenz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s fake! Didn’t he get a woodway treadmill?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [danstu4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
danstu4 wrote:

I'm such a nerd for even knowing this, but his WW treadmill was in his garage - this might be his typical in-house treadmill.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
danstu4 wrote:

I'm such a nerd for even knowing this, but his WW treadmill was in his garage - this might be his typical in-house treadmill.

Not that I really care but are you saying Sanders owns two treadmills??? That seems a little much to me, but hey, it's his money to spend as he sees fit.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dyarab wrote:
lightheir wrote:
What's hard is staring at a wall for hours when you're well past lifetime improvements, racing for no glory, no fame, and likely no kudos from even your family as a typical AGer, and doing it year after year after year. THAT is hard.

Dude... brilliantly stated. Most, if not all of us here, are perfectly described by that statement. And right now, my motivation is at an all time low... so much so I'm starting to get concerned. :/

Hard, indeed.

Well everyone in this thread agrees very relieved with that statement but I think we should not put too much glory on ourselves. Even the most motivated amongst us will remember that they will have given in to demands of work, family or even lazyness although there was a training session on the program. And always with the excuse: "Well I'm not a professional!".

Those professionals can not afford any excuses, although they would like it once a while because they are human like we.

I just read an interview with Thomas Hellriegel in which he said he did not win Kona a second time because indeed he did not live for it 100% anymore without scruples. He said something like he lost all of the people around him.

So yes I think it is hard for the professionals and much harder than for a lot of us at least me including.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:
dyarab wrote:
lightheir wrote:
What's hard is staring at a wall for hours when you're well past lifetime improvements, racing for no glory, no fame, and likely no kudos from even your family as a typical AGer, and doing it year after year after year. THAT is hard.

Dude... brilliantly stated. Most, if not all of us here, are perfectly described by that statement. And right now, my motivation is at an all time low... so much so I'm starting to get concerned. :/

Hard, indeed.

Well everyone in this thread agrees very relieved with that statement but I think we should not put too much glory on ourselves. Even the most motivated amongst us will remember that they will have given in to demands of work, family or even lazyness although there was a training session on the program. And always with the excuse: "Well I'm not a professional!".
Those professionals can not afford any excuses, although they would like it once a while because they are human like we.
I just read an interview with Thomas Hellriegel in which he said he did not win Kona a second time because indeed he did not live for it 100% anymore without scruples. He said something like he lost all of the people around him.
So yes I think it is hard for the professionals and much harder than for a lot of us at least me including.

Speaking only for myself, I've never had any problem with motivation but rather the reverse in that I have dug myself so deep in the hole of fatigue such that I could not recover and became over-trained. This has happened to me at least 3 times over the years so I have to more careful about doing too much. I have no problem pushing myself.

On the point of "no glory, no kudos, etc", I don't find that to be true as my peers give me "kudos" on a regular basis, even when I'm going slower than I'd like to be going. Maybe I just have "better peers"...???

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply

Prev Next