Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What is the safest bike lock according to your mind [Terry666] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have to explain your use case. Do you want a lock to use on a bike parked outside overnight in a city? Or one to use for 10 minutes while you are stopped at a mini mart on your long Saturday ride in the country?
Quote Reply
Re: What is the safest bike lock according to your mind [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Was the bike stolen? If so, it's probably a little late to be buying a lock for it.

Also...

Yeah, it was.... I think it is right time to think about lock to prevent such situation in the future with the new bike.

Yeah, I was already told I wrote it in the wrong place
Quote Reply
Re: What is the safest bike lock according to your mind [mv2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mv2005 wrote:
Remove the saddle and one pedal and ensure that anyone who does bust through your lock has to walk that fooker.

Haha:D It is an interesting method:D Do you do this every time?
Quote Reply
Re: What is the safest bike lock according to your mind [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Chain is too much hassle.
Smallish U-lock you can find and then lock it up to a solid metal structure in a medium populated area (too many people, nobody cares...too few people around gives them time for the grinder).
Always park your bike next to a nicer bike.
Get lockable bits/nuts for wheels, steerer and saddle/post.

Sorry for your loss.

Thanks for advice. But if I park my bike next to a nicer bike, this nicer bike will be stolen...
Quote Reply
Re: What is the safest bike lock according to your mind [hammond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hammond wrote:
You have to explain your use case. Do you want a lock to use on a bike parked outside overnight in a city? Or one to use for 10 minutes while you are stopped at a mini mart on your long Saturday ride in the country?

I park it during the working day near office, and, also, near malls during the shopping.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the safest bike lock according to your mind [Terry666] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy a used, beat-up, piece of shit bike. Then buy a really cheap lock because ain't nobody going to steal your shitty bike.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: What is the safest bike lock according to your mind [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recommend a relatively light, cheap chain about 8' in length. Attach one side to a tree, light post, bench, fence post, etc. in a shady location away from too many people. Attach the other side to a Dalmatian (because in addition to being aggressive, they are also excellent distance runners). To the bike, you snugly attach a large chew bone on about a 6" leash..

I have a 16mm hardened steel chain that is 6' in length. It is safe from any bolt cutters, but I figure it's good for about 2 minutes against a grinder. It's also easily defeated by a cheap knife...if the guy holding it waits for me to come back to unlock the bike. If I know we will be leaving bikes parked for a long time I usually try to use our older bikes so it's not much loss if we lose them.
Quote Reply

Prev Next