I actually KNOW a girl named Jenna Miller

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: About this double letter thing... [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, I have to admit that I've been on my own bib-hunt lately. Here's the story:

A couple weeks ago, a friend of mine posted the following on a running forum:

“The annual state road race rankings came out the other day and I was bumped down a place lower than expected. The time was outstanding for my age group, just over 34 for 10K at 5000 ft elevation. That's a top 10 all time USA mark as it is, and factoring for altitude it would be top 3. I'm not sure what the all time state record for the age is, but this would probably be a record. It was at a very big pro/citizens race. Never heard of the runner so I looked at race results and start photos and sure enough, the runner with that bib number looks to be in his early-mid 20s, not mid 50s.

“White singlet, BB232 on the far right with arrow above his head. Resolution isn't good, but he doesn't look 55.

“I would not report this but you're talking record setting level and some random guy doesn't deserve to be on the books as the all time best for his age at 10K.”

OK, without naming names [because honestly, if I could do this, anyone could] I looked up the results for the bib-holder in my friend's pic, went down one path to find some results from other races for pix from them, and got nowhere

So, I circled back & did a simple Google search for name & place. I got a hit on FB, naturally. The dude didn't have any pix on himself on his page, but his WIFE did on hers ... and yeah, he's NOT The guy in my friend's start line pic ... but one of his kids might have been

So, I gathered all my evidence and fired off an email to the RD, copying Derek at marathoninvestigation.com

Yesterday, we got an email saying the perp had been removed from the results

Now, he didn't have any double letters in his name, HOWEVER, with his first name being Brad, apparently his nickname in "Bratty"

So, there it is

Quote Reply
Re: About this double letter thing... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More course-cutting double-letter drama

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/...ew-aty-dq-cheat.html

Quote Reply
Re: About this double letter thing... [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
So, I have to admit that I've been on my own bib-hunt lately. Here's the story:

A couple weeks ago, a friend of mine posted the following on a running forum:

“The annual state road race rankings came out the other day and I was bumped down a place lower than expected. The time was outstanding for my age group, just over 34 for 10K at 5000 ft elevation. That's a top 10 all time USA mark as it is, and factoring for altitude it would be top 3. I'm not sure what the all time state record for the age is, but this would probably be a record. It was at a very big pro/citizens race. Never heard of the runner so I looked at race results and start photos and sure enough, the runner with that bib number looks to be in his early-mid 20s, not mid 50s.

“White singlet, BB232 on the far right with arrow above his head. Resolution isn't good, but he doesn't look 55.

“I would not report this but you're talking record setting level and some random guy doesn't deserve to be on the books as the all time best for his age at 10K.”

OK, without naming names [because honestly, if I could do this, anyone could] I looked up the results for the bib-holder in my friend's pic, went down one path to find some results from other races for pix from them, and got nowhere

So, I circled back & did a simple Google search for name & place. I got a hit on FB, naturally. The dude didn't have any pix on himself on his page, but his WIFE did on hers ... and yeah, he's NOT The guy in my friend's start line pic ... but one of his kids might have been

So, I gathered all my evidence and fired off an email to the RD, copying Derek at marathoninvestigation.com

Yesterday, we got an email saying the perp had been removed from the results

Now, he didn't have any double letters in his name, HOWEVER, with his first name being Brad, apparently his nickname in "Bratty"

So, there it is

Can't say for sure how old the guy under the arrow looks. I was distracted by the blond in the white tank top toward the middle of the pic. Everyone else looks like they are running and she looks like she is sending a text.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: About this double letter thing... [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:

Can't say for sure how old the guy under the arrow looks. I was distracted by the blond in the white tank top toward the middle of the pic. Everyone else looks like they are running and she looks like she is sending a text.

She's probably starting whatever app she uses for running.
Nah, she's taking a selfie.
Quote Reply
Re: About this double letter thing... [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was gonna say "Maybe she's the Selfie Bandit" but she does have a bib ... it's just on her race belt

Quote Reply
Re: About this double letter thing... [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toby wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Meh... posting while waiting for stuff to run. Just nothing that requires thought...

The joy of dual monitors...

Amateur. I work with triple, and wish I could double that but they won't give me enough graphics card to run six.

Triple monitors with docking station & laptop here...so four in total. Unfortunately, they are all DELL.

Lastly, I was going to ask Jason where do Moats & Armstrong fall in your theory?
Last edited by: Rocky M: Jan 9, 18 20:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
USADA announced today that William (Bill) Beyer of Reston, Va., an athlete in the sport of triathlon, has accepted a two-year sanction for his anti-doping rule violation.

Beyer, 56, violated the applicable anti-doping rules through his possession and use of testosterone beginning in August 2010. Testosterone is a non-Specified substance in the class of Anabolic Agents and prohibited at all times under the USADA Protocol for Olympic and Paralympic Movement Testing, the United States Olympic Committee National Anti-Doping Policies, and the International Triathlon Union Anti-Doping Rules, all of which have adopted the World Anti-Doping Code and the World Anti-Doping Agency Prohibited List.
https://www.usada.org/...pts-doping-sanction/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
USADA announced today that Jeffery Miller of Louisville, Ky., an athlete in the sport of cycling, has accepted a six-year sanction for his anti-doping rule violations. Due to Miller’s cooperation in an investigation of another athlete, the sanction has been reduced to four years.

Miller, 44, voluntarily admitted that, from 2015 to 2016, he possessed and used three prohibited substances: testosterone, human growth hormone (hGH), and oxandrolone.

https://www.usada.org/...er-accepts-sanction/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Maureen Spinler has competed in every Boston Marathon since 2005. She is registered to run Boston again in 2018.

I first stumbled across Maureen’s results after the 2017 Disney World Marathon. It was at that race that she earned the time that qualified her for Boston 2018.

She had used Disney to qualify for all of her recent Boston Marathons. As reported here previously, she missed the 20 mile split in 2013,2015 and 2016. She missed no splits in 2017, but I will make the case that the accuracy of her qualifying time in 2017 is unlikely. Split data is unavailable from Disney before 2013.

Maureen denies ever cutting the course at Disney or any other course

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/2018/03/spinler.html

Last edited by: RandMart: Mar 8, 18 13:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Had her name been "Heather" would she have chosen differently?

We'll never know = Schrödinger's Bib

There's an update, long in coming, but predicable if you ask me

People at that other forum gave me a ton of shit for calling her out & saying "people who cheat at little things - like bib swapping, or banditting - are likely to cheat at BIGGER things as well?"

I'll spare you the details, but there's evidence of an affair and a divorce is on the horizon

#itoldyouso

Last edited by: RandMart: Jul 2, 20 12:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

People at that other forum gave me a ton of shit for calling her out & saying "people who cheat at little things - like bib swapping, or banditting - are likely to cheat at BIGGER things as well?"

I'll spare you the details, but there's evidence of an affair and a divorce is on the horizon

#itoldyouso

Kinda like how if someone's a serial killer...they probably also abuse animals. I'll let you decide which one I consider the lesser offense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Diverting, slightly, but Villalobos. Bummer, I was hoping he was legit.
Last edited by: trail: Jul 2, 20 12:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe it's just because it's something I see more than other people might, a lot of the terrorists who are being sought or being charged with offences from storming the Capitol on Jan 6 have double or double-double letters

Quote Reply

Prev Next