Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sea-Tac area for Christmas
Quote | Reply
My wife's job is going to have her in the Sea-Tac area immediately before and after Christmas. So instead of her coming back east I'm heading out there for a few days. Looking for things to do and places to stay. We'll have a car so we can drive a bit. Looking to do outdoors stuff--not so interested in the cities. We are big hikers so ideally I'd like to do some long hikes--just not sure what the weather is like that time of year. We aren't skiers but we'd probably be up for giving it a try.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: Sea-Tac area for Christmas [philarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a lot of hiking along the I-90 corridor. Tiger, Cougar and Squak Mountains just behind Issaquah has some shorter hikes with good views that are also good for trail running. Rattlesnake Ledge, Mt Si are also good hikes. Might get some snow at the top depending on weather. Mailbox Peak is a thigh burner. It’s out near North Bend. Would most likely have snow at the top. Just be sure to check the mail at the top and leave some mail.
http://www.wta.org is a great resource to look for hikes. You can get good info on recent trail/weather conditions.
Quote Reply
Re: Sea-Tac area for Christmas [philarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if You want to get out a bit further and have the time, Leavenworth is a cute little Bavarian town in the North Cascades. It’s about 2 1/2 hours It could be a long day trip or an overnight. A pretty drive would be to take Highway 2 over Stevens Pass there and 97/Blewett Pass/I-90 back. just look at the Pass reports before heading out. it will most likely be rainy/grey in Seattle area. Just layer, have a good rain shell and umbrella. Have fun!
Quote Reply