Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What exactly does "banned from the forum" mean?
Quote | Reply
:)

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: What exactly does "banned from the forum" mean? [fredly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly! Talk about flaunting in the system's face.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about the policy for aiding and abetting? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time to switch to one of your backup accounts you created years earlier?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Means you have to find a patsy to conduct a seance on your behalf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fredly wrote:

It means finding a willing sock-puppet...apparently :-/

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More time for snacks and TV?

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh geeez gotta get another free e-mail account and register on the forum agaaaaain?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It means everyone should quit posting on the damn thread, but it appears to have high popcorn value.
Quote Reply
Re: What exactly does "banned from the forum" mean? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
It means everyone should quit posting on the damn thread, but it appears to have high popcorn value.

I know, i know....

sorry.....

<<shame>>>

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: What exactly does "banned from the forum" mean? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:

Sometimes when the mental gymnast appears to be losing steam, it helps to applaud a bit to get them to continue their routine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like stack and reach for fits, this is one of those subjects on which stan has tried to exert his lexicon on the world to no avail. Everyone says "banned" but what they almost always mean is that the account has been disabled. Most crimes result in account disablement -- and it literally says this when you try to log in: "Your account is not enabled."

An account that is disabled is much different from a "ban." If your account is banned, you can't surf the forum and I believe they block the IP address you last used. Which is funny because one of the times I was actually banned I was at an official IRONMAN race hotel, so ostensibly nobody at that hotel could access slowtwitch. When this banning thing happens, you've done something really bad, and you just see the message, "you have been banned."

Specific words mean specific things to slowstarr, and it's nearly impossible to get banned. It is even harder to stay banned if you are actually sorry and are willing to say as much. But it's really easy to stay banned if you aren't sorry. See: Paulo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damnit... does this mean I have to read Dave’s thread on crank length? I stopped weeks ago!
Quote Reply
Re: What exactly does "banned from the forum" mean? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Like stack and reach for fits, this is one of those subjects on which stan has tried to exert his lexicon on the world to no avail. Everyone says "banned" but what they almost always mean is that the account has been disabled. Most crimes result in account disablement -- and it literally says this when you try to log in: "Your account is not enabled."

An account that is disabled is much different from a "ban." If your account is banned, you can't surf the forum and I believe they block the IP address you last used. Which is funny because one of the times I was actually banned I was at an official IRONMAN race hotel, so ostensibly nobody at that hotel could access slowtwitch. When this banning thing happens, you've done something really bad, and you just see the message, "you have been banned."

Specific words mean specific things to slowstarr, and it's nearly impossible to get banned. It is even harder to stay banned if you are actually sorry and are willing to say as much. But it's really easy to stay banned if you aren't sorry. See: Paulo.

Could you please start posting on Paula’s behalf....?if you had a thick skin he wasn’t that bad.

Honestly,there is a lot of value in Dave’s 500+ post thread, and subsequent other threads.

Based on some of your threads perhaps you could agree that inflammatory or sensational statements....actually create interesting dialogue.

...I don’t actually think Paula is banned...

2c
Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: What exactly does "banned from the forum" mean? [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
kileyay wrote:

Could you please start posting on Paula’s behalf....?if you had a thick skin he wasn’t that bad.

Honestly,there is a lot of value in Dave’s 500+ post thread, and subsequent other threads.

Based on some of your threads perhaps you could agree that inflammatory or sensational statements....actually create interesting dialogue.

...I don’t actually think Paula is banned...

2c
Maurice

I liked Paulo's stuff

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: What exactly does "banned from the forum" mean? [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toefuzz wrote:
Damnit... does this mean I have to read Dave’s thread on crank length? I stopped weeks ago!

Here’s the reader’s digest version:

1. The OP is going to be faster on the bike as he is going to ditch the crazy long cranks folks have been telling him to get rid of for quite some time. No idea which crank length he and his trusted side kick will settle on but so long as it’s something reasonable in the 155-175 range he’ll get back the watts he’s been giving away.

2. The OP won’t be near as fast on the bike as he could be as he still isn’t specifically targeting his major limiter (inability to stay in an aero position). The OP also isn’t specifically targeting the other main thing holding him back - a higher FTP - by high intensity interval training, though he’s really excited about a steep virtual course he’s riding on his velotron so he might finally get some hard cycling interval work in.

3. Banned forum member appears to be promoting the theory that the Holy Grail to killer cycling splits in a triathlon is through finding the most efficient pulse power which comes from determining the optimum crank length for the individual. How do you determine optimum crank length? Well first you start by buying a specific type of cranks that allow you change lengths...

Of course this is just my interpretation. I may be wrong. Feel free to spend a few hours reading as you may come to a different conclusion.
Quote Reply
Re: What exactly does "banned from the forum" mean? [Toefuzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I seriously don't know why those two just don't use Google. It could save them countless hours of irrelevant testing. I'm sure they could come up with a better topic to post about. At least something that wasn't trying to reinvent the wheel...again.
Quote Reply
Re: What exactly does "banned from the forum" mean? [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
fredly wrote:

It means finding a willing sock-puppet...apparently :-/

Well I missed the lead up. Did someone important to the forum get banned?
Quote Reply
Re: What exactly does "banned from the forum" mean? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frank day. Just read the last couple pages if the thread. That's all I could stomach.

Hats off to Jason---Canadian of the year material there.
Quote Reply
Re: What exactly does "banned from the forum" mean? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
Frank day.

I was just about to post that I miss Power Cranks (and I don't mean the power meter kind)!

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: What exactly does "banned from the forum" mean? [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Were is the thread that got him booted.
Quote Reply
Re: What exactly does "banned from the forum" mean? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frank got banned a long time ago. Not the point. The thread in question is this:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

H20fun is currently acting as a posting proxy for Mr day. Frank is emailing Dave and then Dave is cut and pasting those emails into the thread.

With an effort that I can only describe as titanically Canadian, Mr "in Halifax" is trying valiantly to have a productive, low noise conversation with Dave and frank (via Dave).

Why do we love watching train wrecks so much?
Last edited by: Tom_hampton: Dec 1, 17 5:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom_hampton wrote:
Frank got banned a long time ago. Not the point. The thread in question is this:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

H20fun is currently acting as a posting proxy for Mr day. Frank is emailing Dave and then Dave is cut and pasting those emails into the thread.

With an effort that I can only describe as titanically Canadian effort, Mr "in Halifax" is trying valiantly to have a productive, low noise conversation with Dave and frank (via Dave).

Oh, How's it gooin. eh?

I tried, but I have real work (that pays me money) to do now....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: What exactly does "banned from the forum" mean? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Oh, How's it gooin. eh?

I tried, but I have real work (that pays me money) to do now....

:-) Btw, no offense intended. Back in the early '00s I was an engineer at HP and worked for a Manager from Toronto. I was full of a lot of piss&vinegar back then (I'm sure I'm a much more level headed, and calm person today :-), and spent a lot of time raging against the machine as represented by him. But, he was relentlessly placating, and all "cant we all just get along".

There is no way I could retain my composure in that thread. I barely managed to read pages 21-23 without driving a pencil into my temple. I've spent the last three weeks (or however long its been going on) carefully avoiding clicking on it (even by accident). I knew I just didn't want to get sucked in. But, now? I get trapped by the meta-thread about the thread...and, my morbid nature cannot resist finding out WTH is going on.

Sigh.
Quote Reply