Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tillerson to be replaced: trial balloon or real leak or fake news?
Quote | Reply
WASHINGTON — The White House has developed a plan to force out Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson, whose relationship with President Trump has been strained, and replace him with Mike Pompeo, the C.I.A. director, within the next several weeks, senior administration officials said on Thursday.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Tillerson to be replaced: trial balloon or real leak or fake news? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hard to tell.

Haven’t we heard this before?

And hasn’t the idea that Trump and Tillerson are at odds been shown to be largely false?

Again it’s hard to tell. Facts about what goes on in this administration are almost impossible to come by.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Tillerson to be replaced: trial balloon or real leak or fake news? [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
WASHINGTON — The White House has developed a plan to force out Secretary of State Rex W. Tillerson, whose relationship with President Trump has been strained, and replace him with Mike Pompeo, the C.I.A. director, within the next several weeks, senior administration officials said on Thursday.

Why do you have to link to a story that you need a subscription to read? LOL!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Tillerson to be replaced: trial balloon or real leak or fake news? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
klehner wrote:

I don't need a subscription. LOL. Clear your cookies. LOL.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Tillerson to be replaced: trial balloon or real leak or fake news? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
orphious wrote:
klehner wrote:

I don't need a subscription. LOL. Clear your cookies. LOL.

Thanks!! Apologies Ken!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
trial balloon or real leak or fake news

Yes. Could be any of the three.

As to whether it is fake news, it depends on how high the source is and whether source has proper context understanding the information.

How have all the various "administration sources" articles published by the NYT panned out over the past year? Accurate informative predictors on average, or forgotten after a short while?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Tillerson to be replaced: trial balloon or real leak or fake news? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Basic test: If Trump tweets it, then it is unlikely to be true.
Quote Reply
Re: Tillerson to be replaced: trial balloon or real leak or fake news? [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
klehner wrote:

Because I *didn't* link to the story. I copied the lead paragraph. Your fault for trying to follow embedded links that actually don't go to the story. SAD!

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There have been lots of rumours that Tillerson was going to hang around until the end of the year and then move on. When you call your boss a moron (and then it goes public) the writing is kinda on the wall... It was really just a matter of how both Tillerson and Trump could save a little face in the process of parting ways.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If true, what I don't understand is yet another lateral move (like Kelly moving from Secretary of H.S. to Chief of Staff), so two very important agencies are disrupted instead of one.

I could see moving people around maybe every two years, as is common in the military. But in less than a single year seems a bit much.

Though as the article suggests, maybe Pompeo's too political for CIA and the more politics-friendly job at State is better suited for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
orphious wrote:
klehner wrote:

Because I *didn't* link to the story. I copied the lead paragraph. Your fault for trying to follow embedded links that actually don't go to the story. SAD!

They actually do go to the story. - Happy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure I read about some pact between Tillerson and two other "high ups" in the administration to the effect that if one of them was lent on with a view to being pushed out the other two would resign. The ex-GS Chief Sec to the Treasury I think was another one of the three. Can't remember much more about it than that though.

ETA: Here we go. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...port/article/2636550 Tillerson, Mattis and Mnuchin.
Last edited by: Greg66: Nov 30, 17 8:05
Quote Reply
Re: Tillerson to be replaced: trial balloon or real leak or fake news? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
If true, what I don't understand is yet another lateral move (like Kelly moving from Secretary of H.S. to Chief of Staff), so two very important agencies are disrupted instead of one.

I could see moving people around maybe every two years, as is common in the military. But in less than a single year seems a bit much.

Though as the article suggests, maybe Pompeo's too political for CIA and the more politics-friendly job at State is better suited for him.

When nobody else outside the Administration wants to join the Administration, lateral is the only option. :-(

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orphious wrote:
klehner wrote:
orphious wrote:
klehner wrote:

They actually don't. They go to an index page that happens to have the story listed.

"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
klehner wrote:
orphious wrote:
klehner wrote:
orphious wrote:
klehner wrote:

They actually don't. They go to an index page that happens to have the story listed.

Ok Ken.. you win. Holy fucking shit the lengths you will go to.
Quote Reply
Re: Tillerson to be replaced: trial balloon or real leak or fake news? [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think another political hack in line for CIA....tom cotton...
Last edited by: tyrod1: Nov 30, 17 8:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MAGA

Tillerson is an adult and highly respected so his days were always numbered.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Nov 30, 17 9:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only the temporary best!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not that Trump would care about the peons, but Tillerson has also been receiving a lot of flak lately from rank and file.
Quote Reply
Re: Tillerson to be replaced: trial balloon or real leak or fake news? [schroeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not that Trump would care about the peons, but Tillerson has also been receiving a lot of flak lately from rank and file.

The problem is that Tillerson has had his hands tied because Trump won't give up control to anyone out of fear they overshadow him. Tillerson realizes Trump has no clue on foreign policy and will take direction Fox news or his fan base. Foreign leaders know that so they don't bother with Tillerson. The only one who could put up with this is someone like Duffy or Jim @ Loto MD, they would do anything for their Leader, no questions asked.
Last edited by: Sanuk: Nov 30, 17 14:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How hard is this?[/img]

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Tillerson to be replaced: trial balloon or real leak or fake news? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

The problem is that Tillerson has had his hands tied because Trump won't give up control to anyone out of fear they overshadow him. Tillerson realizes Trump has no clue on foreign policy and will take direction Fox news or his fan base. Foreign leaders know that so they don't bother with Tillerson. The only one who could put up with this is someone like Duffy or Jim @ Loto MD, they would do anything for their Leader, no questions asked.

You’re an idiot.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was working a few month ago at a highly secure work space in Afghan and Pompeo came in to get a briefing and see how we got things done. It was pretty funny as he came with this big entourage of security guys with ear pieces and guns but they were all surrounded by some of the top tier shooters in the .mil ha!

Pompeo seems to get along with the Prez better than Tillerson but I don't know that Trump surrounding himself with a bunch of ex .mil guys is necessarily a good thing for our Nation?

/r

Steve
Quote Reply