Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stans sealant question
Quote | Reply
How much do I inject into a tub? I'm running Conti Attacks (22m). Google/youtube is showing me everything from 10ml to the entire bottle.
Quote Reply
Re: Stans sealant question [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just the regular sealant? I'd use 1.5-2 oz. I use 2.5-3oz for my CX tires on wide rims, so definitely less than that.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the little red cups worth that come with the bottle should be plenty, without being overnkill.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Stans sealant question [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
Just the regular sealant? I'd use 1.5-2 oz. I use 2.5-3oz for my CX tires on wide rims, so definitely less than that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always used half the bottle per road tire (1oz/tube). Easy to eyeball and nothing left over when setting up a pair of wheels. Much more sealant required for, say, tubeless mtb tires.

Kiwami NA Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one of those individual use containers is plenty. I actually reuse that bottle and fill it from my larger container.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fwiw I've NOT had good experience at higher pressures (Road) and Stans. Orange Seal (my all around fave) and effetto mariposa "seem" to work better and (perhaps more importantly) don't create "boogers" - or add glitter to your stans to give it some substance. ymmv
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Truckerco Sealant I buy off of E-bay... more similar to the Stan's Race Formula vs. Regular Stan's and pretty inexpensive. It comes with an injector too... a syringe with a tube, doesn't have to be fancy.

I use it more in my 29'er honestly.... but when I do put it in my TT bike latex race tubes I use about 1.5oz's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At least 1 oz. 2 oz is the upper limit for a tire that small.

I agree with others that the plain Stan's doesn't do much except seal pinholes at road pressures. You (likely) won't be able to inject glitter through valve core either. If you haven't dumped it in yet, I would recommend Bontrager TLR, Effeto Mariposa, Orange Seal or Stan's Race instead.
Quote Reply
Re: Stans sealant question [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On my race wheels, IE: Tufo Jet Elite 160 tubulars, i inject 1 bottle per wheel. Has saved me in a 70.3 race already.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply