Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BMC to canyon sizing.
Quote | Reply
I am considering bikes between a TM02 and CF 8.0. I don't think it terms of quality or aerodymanics there's too much of a difference. Both of have aero storage - BMC on back and Canyon on top tube. With the Canyon, I'll have to do two Omegas, but I don't see that being a problem.

One question I did have is the compatibility Canyon will have with the Pro Missile Evo bars. I was looking at the photo and I couldn't tell if the piece below is a space that can be removed or not. It appear that it was to make the bars streamline with the bento box.

I ride a M-S in BMC, but by the looks of it that would be closer to the Canyon's S frame, correct? I am exactly 175cm tall so at the maxed out end of a small. Thoughts and considerations would be appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: BMC to canyon sizing. [onceatriathlet3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
onceatriathlet3 wrote:
I am considering bikes between a TM02 and CF 8.0. I don't think it terms of quality or aerodymanics there's too much of a difference. Both of have aero storage - BMC on back and Canyon on top tube. With the Canyon, I'll have to do two Omegas, but I don't see that being a problem.

One question I did have is the compatibility Canyon will have with the Pro Missile Evo bars. I was looking at the photo and I couldn't tell if the piece below is a space that can be removed or not. It appear that it was to make the bars streamline with the bento box.

I ride a M-S in BMC, but by the looks of it that would be closer to the Canyon's S frame, correct? I am exactly 175cm tall so at the maxed out end of a small. Thoughts and considerations would be appreciated!

I've got a 2017 BMC TM02 (great bike), size small. I'm 170cm and I don't think it would fit guys much taller as opposed to my P2 where I was somewhere in the middle, I reckon someone 175 - 178 could have fitted on it OK, so IMO the BMCs are a little small with their sizing. You'd probably just about fit on a small TM02, right at the limit, so I would have thought s M-S would be spot on.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC to canyon sizing. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Yeah sorry for the confusing post. I previously rode a TM01 M-S for a few seasons, but now I'm trying to compare that of to Canyon's sizing.

On the side note, you do like the 2017? It looks like a slick bike! Add an omega front and eTAP and it doesn't look to be much less aero than the 01.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
onceatriathlet3 wrote:
Thanks! Yeah sorry for the confusing post. I previously rode a TM01 M-S for a few seasons, but now I'm trying to compare that of to Canyon's sizing.

On the side note, you do like the 2017? It looks like a slick bike! Add an omega front and eTAP and it doesn't look to be much less aero than the 01.

Yeah love it. It's only 105, but that's OK. Goes really well, feels stiffer and quicker than my P2 and just looks awesome!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure about the sizing, but would you really have a measurable advantage by changing the rear brake on the Canyon?
Regarding storage, having it on the top tube or in the back will mean a much bigger difference than any 1W you'll save from changing a rear brake. You won't hold aero messing with a box in the rear.

The Canyon stem can be lowered and a lower bento box is available for that.
Quote Reply
Re: BMC to canyon sizing. [Thorax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it's not anything worth my time, but I it will be easier to switch from race wheels to training wheels. There's a smaller bento box? Is that by Canyon or a third party?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
By Canyon. Check the catalogue, should be there.
Quote Reply