Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Green Party wins Prince Edward Island.
Quote | Reply
Surprise win - the Green Party defeated the Liberals, Conservatives and NDP in the provincial election. P.E.I. is Canada's smallest province for those of you unfamiliar.

http://nationalpost.com/...tion-for-green-party
Quote Reply
Re: Green Party wins Prince Edward Island. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Liberal party is going to be in serious trouble in the next federal election. They lost in B.C and are really messing up with the middle class across the country. Their days are numbered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From your headline I thought they won the whole election. Article says they won one by election seat in Charlottetown. Since Charlottetown has about 30 thousand people and everyone knows almost everyone personal networks count for a lot. Don't know what this says about the political scene on the whole island.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Green Party wins Prince Edward Island. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I think the Liberal party is going to be in serious trouble in the next federal election. They lost in B.C and are really messing up with the middle class across the country. Their days are numbered.

I'd say they're in serious trouble at the next provincial election in Ontario for sure, but disagree with you at the federal level. What are the alternatives - Scheer is another Harper reformocon way outside of the mainstream and too socially conservative. The Cons won't win with a guy like that. He'll probably win the prairies but so what. I'm not impressed with Trudeau but can't see him not winning next election albeit likely not with a majority this time. That's my $.02 prediction at least.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fake news. They won a seat.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Green Party wins Prince Edward Island. [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
From your headline I thought they won the whole election. Article says they won one by election seat in Charlottetown. Since Charlottetown has about 30 thousand people and everyone knows almost everyone personal networks count for a lot. Don't know what this says about the political scene on the whole island.

My bad. I skimmed the article and thought it was the provincial election, not just her seat. Duh. Still a surprise win however.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It wasn't a huge surprise based on how the byelection went but it is a surprise historically. This is only the 3rd non-liberal/PC MLA we've ever had and 2 of them are currently sitting. The next general election should be interesting.
Quote Reply