Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Trump Judicial Appointments
Quote | Reply
Didn't see this discussed yet. https://www.washingtonpost.com/...m_term=.354ffc5f73b1

I can't find the original article I read, but it said that Trump is looking at appointing nearly 40 judges, and that, not only did the senate make it easier to confirm them by ignoring dem 'blue slips', but the dem's 2013 move to end filibusters on judicial nominees is backfiring on them.

The 'blue slip' move may backfire on the pubs if the dems ever get their act together and get control of the senate again, but it looks like smooth sailing for Trump in the mean time.
Quote Reply
Re: Trump Judicial Appointments [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The whole blue slip thing seems rather odd. It would seem if you have a problem with a nominee it would best be dealt with in an open forum. This does illustrate the judges are political appointees.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Trump Judicial Appointments [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I read, blue slips was a custom that hearkens back to the days before phones and the internet, when the local senators would have a lot more information about a nominee than the rest of the senate, therefore everyone else would rely on their view.

It's pretty silly now that all the senators would know just about everything about a nominee, and there wouldn't be any insider info that only the local senators would have.
Quote Reply