Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Best 2000usd tri bike [Pwraddr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im an XS. The Only tri bike I could Find in my area with That size is the Giant Trinity Adavnced(105). Does anyone here use that bike? Is it good?
Quote Reply
Re: Best 2000usd tri bike [jacobpeacock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I have the Giant Trinity Advanced Pro 2 in a Small. Great bike. What price point are they looking for?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jacobpeacock wrote:
Im an XS. The Only tri bike I could Find in my area with That size is the Giant Trinity Adavnced(105). Does anyone here use that bike? Is it good?

I have a 2018 Trinity Advanced in S. I really like it, but it’s the only tri bike I’ve ever owned so I don’t have much to compare it to other than my Giant Defy 3 (2016 Aluminum/Sora). Compared to that it feels like a rocket ship. A lot smoother, quieter, and faster.
Quote Reply
Re: Best 2000usd tri bike [AggieTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TM02
Quote Reply
Re: Best 2000usd tri bike [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, 105 P2 comes to mind as a good choice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jacobpeacock wrote:
Best 2000usd tri bike suggestions

I started a similar thread and after some exchanges and research, it seems that for a new 'entry-level' tri if you can push it to 2500USD you may want to look at Canyon Speedmax 7. or the classic Cervelo P2 105, with an idea at upgrading later on. Felt also referenced by all as a great bike in the price spot. But more than 2000USD

Of course if second-hand is ok, I guess the choice is way broader
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This topic was brought up in 2017, but with many new brands/models thought I could revisit it...

After trying to purchase a used Trek Speed Concept from BBB and taking it to my LBS to only find that they shipped me a cracked frame that had been painted with white out over it I am looking into purchasing my first new "entry level" triathlon bike. My rough budget is ~$2k. **Disclaimer I have already gotten a fit with coordinates so I know these bikes listed will fit me. I have read these forums plenty that I know that is always the #1 piece of advice (rightfully so).**

List of bikes that would fit coordinates and budget:
  • Cervelo P2 (on sale on Competitive Cyclist)
  • Specialized Shiv Sport
  • Giant Trinity Advanced
  • A2 Speed Phreak
  • Felt B Performance

I am leaning towards the P2 because I numbers don't lie most ridden bike in regards to Kona. It is also very versatile and compatible with fitting and it sounds like a very good entry level bike that has withstood the test of time. I also know there are so many other options out there though and that is why I am asking you ST'ers.

Looking for a good starter bike, nothing flashy (don't need DuraAce/Di2 or Aero Wheel Set), but something that I can upgrade as money+time go by.
Quote Reply
Re: Best 2000usd tri bike [pkeys00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
definitely the P2. That version has a number of advantages of previous editions - most adjustable bars* (of the P2 generations and of the group of bikes listed) and Shimano R7000 is really nice.
The Giant and Specialized lack bar adjustability. Felt is good fore-aft but not good width wise. A2 has vision bars which are now pretty good on adjustability but the frame is a lot less proven than the others.

The other strong contender would be the QR PR3 if you can find one.

*full disclosure - I designed those bars. With adjustability in mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi. I have a 2016 Cannondale Slice 60cm for sale in the classifieds. $1200 ultegra build. I have put a few different build options in the listing - power meter, race wheels etc. If you are interested send me a dm. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Best 2000usd tri bike [east31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh never mind. I thought you said you were 6'3 but I just saw that was someone else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pkeys00 wrote:
This topic was brought up in 2017, but with many new brands/models thought I could revisit it...

After trying to purchase a used Trek Speed Concept from BBB and taking it to my LBS to only find that they shipped me a cracked frame that had been painted with white out over it I am looking into purchasing my first new "entry level" triathlon bike. My rough budget is ~$2k. **Disclaimer I have already gotten a fit with coordinates so I know these bikes listed will fit me. I have read these forums plenty that I know that is always the #1 piece of advice (rightfully so).**

List of bikes that would fit coordinates and budget:
  • Cervelo P2 (on sale on Competitive Cyclist)
  • Specialized Shiv Sport
  • Giant Trinity Advanced
  • A2 Speed Phreak
  • Felt B Performance

I am leaning towards the P2 because I numbers don't lie most ridden bike in regards to Kona. It is also very versatile and compatible with fitting and it sounds like a very good entry level bike that has withstood the test of time. I also know there are so many other options out there though and that is why I am asking you ST'ers.

Looking for a good starter bike, nothing flashy (don't need DuraAce/Di2 or Aero Wheel Set), but something that I can upgrade as money+time go by.

I would get a P2 circa 2013 and you would still have just about enough for Tririg bars
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is hard to go wrong with the P2. On top of everything else, they are so common you should be able to get parts and service just about anywhere.

The only other suggestion would be one of the Fuji TT bikes. The Norcom Straight had good aerodynamics and sometime you can find new ones with decent components dirt cheap.
Quote Reply

Prev Next