Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Favorite Headlight and Taillight?
Quote | Reply
Just looking to get a set to ride in the early Mornings!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Headlight and Taillight? [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If its dark out and you actually need light to see by, I would grab the Niterider 1100 lumina.

Bontrager flare R for the rear. Pair it with a steady/solid light if you're out in the dark.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Headlight and Taillight? [commendatore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not ride much at night, but use lights to be seen during daytime rides. Seems like this has become more of a necessity lately.

Never used to use a daytime headlight, but have had too may close calls where as my group is coming towards another group, some ID10T tries to pass Group A, and nearly runs Group B over in oncoming traffic.

Right now I am using CygoLite Dash 460 and Micro 30. On my P5, I stretch the mount band over the basebar for the headlight, and the tail attaches to my rear bag with no clip. Not sure why more manufacturers don't make lights or mounts specifically for wider base bars and aero posts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would 2nd the Niterider lumina series. I have the 750 and it works well enough for my needs, but I've been looking at the 950/1100 series.....on ebay to get one at a low price. If you NEED to see in pitch dark - get the 950/1000 series - dusk and dawn the 750 is enough.

Tail light, just make sure you get one that has a long enough battery life. I just ordered the Niterider Sentenal 150 (it's saying the Runtime: Up to 21h (low steady, no lasers); 5h 30m (steady with Laser Lanes) ). I'm lucky to get two rides in without the battery dying out on me (so I need to charge for every ride which is a PITA). I'm looking to get something different now.

commendatore wrote:
If its dark out and you actually need light to see by, I would grab the Niterider 1100 lumina.

Bontrager flare R for the rear. Pair it with a steady/solid light if you're out in the dark.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the Serfas Thunderbolt for a great day- or nighttime taillight. Super bright, USB charging, flexible mounting, great price. Only downside - running time is somewhat limited.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have two USE Diablo Mk6/7s fronts and two Dinotte Quad-Reds. Very happy with both. When I first started riding with them i noticed cars would give me a bit more space and any car that poked out from a side road wouldn't poke out quite so far.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use the NiteRider Lumina Series. Have the 750, 950, and 2800 front lights. And I have the 150 for the Tail Light.

I agree with another poster that the battery on the 150 Tail light drains quicker that I would like. but they are solid products.

db
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dinotte for both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Exposure Strada 1200 with dip remote and Flare rear. I run on the lower power setting mainly.

Not many mount options for aero bars. IÂ’ve used another brand mount to attach to the brake caliper bolt. Looks neat and tidy.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Headlight and Taillight? [drp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
at least for the XPL-3 (with the built in battery), these seem to be overpriced at $200 vs say the Niterider 1100 which list at $150 but can be had on ebay brand new for under $100.

I have an older Dinotte light system that was great and cost effective a few years ago, but didn't need wired batteries on a road bike so its an over powered flashlight now.

drp wrote:
Dinotte for both.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bontrager Ion 800's in the front and Bontrager Flare R's on the back. the Flare r's are by far the best safety purchase I've made.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Headlight and Taillight? [Dbeitel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just bought the 1100 boost/100 combo. It was a good deal on Amazon, will see how bright they are!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another vote for the Bontrager Flare R for the rear. REALLY bright during the day and the intermittent flash pattern is hard to miss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The 1100 boost is REALLY bright !

Did you get a helmet mount ? They are really nice as well....

db
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Headlight and Taillight? [Dbeitel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking forward to using it! I didn't get a helmet mount, will see how the normal mount does first! Can't wait to ride in the dark
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

For taillight I would strongly recommend the Garmin Varia with built in radar.
It works unbelievably well and adds some extra security besides being a good taillight in itself.
They just had it on sale. Not sure whether the sale is still on.

swim_corey_run wrote:
Just looking to get a set to ride in the early Mornings!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run the foxfire or something like that on amazon it is like 30 bucks. Long led strip. Great in day light and usb recharge
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Light and Motion Urban series lights anyone? These seem to be fairly popular and well liked. My wife and I really like ours.
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Headlight and Taillight? [triclimbski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triclimbski wrote:
Light and Motion Urban series lights anyone? These seem to be fairly popular and well liked. My wife and I really like ours.

I have an Urban 800 and Taz 1500 that I use for shorter night rides. The beam patterns are terrific for helmet and bar use respectively.

For Daytime: Bontrager Flare R tail-light is the only option. I take note of every light I see as I pass people and consistently the best are always the Bontragers.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply