Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Music Players
Quote | Reply
Since I can not replace my Ipod Shuffle, what does everybody recommend for use during working out? I do not want to use my phone. Only thing I have found is a Sandisk Clip Jam.
And don't tell me to take it to the other forum, I like you guys so much more.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you're due for more punishment. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
Quote Reply
Re: Music Players [coecoe13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Working out could be anything so there is no violation IMO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
walmart.com has both new and refurbished in stock, it would appear...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear good things abut the Zune (snicker snicker)

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not use your phone? Saves buying anything else and compared to cheap music players it's likely to have a bunch of features that might be useful e.g. internet connectivity so you can stream music from sources like Spotify, and Bluetooth capability so you connect to wireless headphones or a portable speaker. Generic Chinese Android phones are so cheap these days I'd almost consider buying one just to play music from if you're worried about breaking or losing your main phone.
Quote Reply
Re: Music Players [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely wireless headphones are the best. You can get an inexpensive pair of bluetooth headphones for $30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IPod nano is almost as small as the shuffle.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, had no idea the shuffle was discontinued. I loved the convenience of its size and clip when I do things discussed in other forums. Will definitely have to find a replacement option as I'm not strapping my phone to my arm or having it bang around in a pocket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, when my iPod shuffle pooped out a couple years ago, I bought some cheap MP3 player off Amazon, but have not been overly impressed with it. Mainly it's lack of a decent and straight forward random shuffle mix setting. It's internal algorithm in playing random songs is borked.

I'd be interested if anyone has a reco also on a small non apple MP3 player.

Using your cell phone when working out is not an option. Just too heavy and bulky.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm still using an iPod nano, maybe around 5ish years old. I, too, don't want to use my phone (although it would be nice to use Spotify/podcasts).

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Music Players [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
I'm still using an iPod nano, maybe around 5ish years old. I, too, don't want to use my phone (although it would be nice to use Spotify/podcasts).

I been using my phone for years with no problem, although some wireless headphones would be a nice upgrade. But I just lift weights, no cardio to get all sweaty.
Quote Reply
Re: Music Players [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justgeorge wrote:

It's also just as discontinued as the Shuffle.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I asked a similar Q recently & the below was mentioned, so might be worth a looksee -:

https://www.aussiehifi.com.au/...?variant=45077310599

I'm still running 10 year old Nano & iPod units. These things have been bomb proof & I still get great battery life out of both, but especially the 80gig iPod at 8+ hours. If these suckers ever die, I'll be definitely looking at the above. When storage became a non issue & cheap, a chunk of my library is now in Apple Lossless & the linked unit handles that too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Depends on what you are doing, but if you are talking about working out in a gym and remain in the same area, your phone and a set of BT headphones might be a good option. I am currently doing Crossfit so they provide plenty of loud music. My wife enjoys weight lifting so she starts Pandora on the phone then leaves it in the locker in the weight room and jams out to her BT headphones. They can start/stop the music and skip to the next song from the headphone.

Soundpeats from Amazon are the headphones we got. Sound great and at $20 it doesn't matter if you kill them. Ours have been going for over a year now with no problems.
Quote Reply
Re: Music Players [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As somebody else pointed out, it depends on the workout. If you're in the gym, with wireless BT headphones the phone bulk isn't an issue as you just leave it in a corner somewhere or in a locker while you roam around. It's more of a problem running but with a decent case to strap it to your arm you don't really notice it. And for me the lack of wires compared to my old nano is a good trade off for the increased bulk. As well as the ability to listen to anything I want without having to mess around with iTunes.

Guess it does also depend on the phone, I have the regular sized iPhone but if I had the Plus that might put me off from taking it on a run. But that's where I'd consider repurposing an old phone or buying a cheap generic Huawei or similar to use just for working out.
Quote Reply
Re: Music Players [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
justgeorge wrote:

It's also just as discontinued as the Shuffle.

Shit didn't know that either. Looks like the only Ipod left is the Ipod Touch.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply
Re: Music Players [justgeorge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use it mostly for running. The arm band look annoying and in the summer non of my shorts have pockets big enough for a phone. I did find decent reviews for the Sandisk Clip Jam, anybody use one? I like my TomTom Runner Cardio watch and I see the have them with music now. Some of the reviews were not great for the bluetooth, anybody use this or any other watch with music?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you're due for more punishment. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-iPod-Shuffle-4th-Generation-2GB-Refurbished/54203927

But there's only one left!!! lol
Quote Reply
Re: Music Players [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
Yeah, when my iPod shuffle pooped out a couple years ago, I bought some cheap MP3 player off Amazon, but have not been overly impressed with it. Mainly it's lack of a decent and straight forward random shuffle mix setting. It's internal algorithm in playing random songs is borked.

I'd be interested if anyone has a reco also on a small non apple MP3 player.

Using your cell phone when working out is not an option. Just too heavy and bulky.

Is this your phone?

I just stick mine in a neoprene armband. don't even notice its there after a few minutes...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply