Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cobb 55
Quote | Reply
I plan to try a Cobb 55 saddle. 60 day return makes it very reasonable. 2 questions. First, should I get it set up by a fitter to make sure I have the best chance of it being right? Or just bolt it on and move it around? Second, they want a LOT more for the IM one with the hydration kit, ($150), but it looks like they sell the same thing separately for only $60?!?! What am I missing?
Last edited by: mpderksen: Nov 26, 17 11:36
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb 55 [mpderksen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's got a big stack so you might need to drop your post to achieve the correct seat height. It's sensitive to angle so you might need to play. You sit pretty forward on it so you might need more setback.

It's easy to say you could do that all yourself, but the reality is most riders would screw something up and maybe have an avoidable bad experience.
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb 55 [FindinFreestyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FindinFreestyle wrote:
It's got a big stack so you might need to drop your post to achieve the correct seat height. It's sensitive to angle so you might need to play. You sit pretty forward on it so you might need more setback.

It's easy to say you could do that all yourself, but the reality is most riders would screw something up and maybe have an avoidable bad experience.
Solid points. IÂ’m going to be due for a fit tune-up this Spring anyway. I have an Oly on the calendar for June 10th. Maybe I target getting it a month before, getting fit, and trying it on a real event. (Real world test). My biggest interest is for longer rides anyway (which IÂ’m current not built up to yet). I tend to get numbness after a few hours, and IÂ’d like just see if the Cobb works for me. From what IÂ’ve read, itÂ’s a love/hate thing, and you have to try it to know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you buy cobb's hydration kit plan on buying a new bag as the on one included has fallen off for a number of people on this site.

The Ironman edition seat would be the same as a regular seat but with mdot logos. Only you can determine if thats worth extra money to you.
Quote Reply
Re: Cobb 55 [kblahetka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kblahetka wrote:
If you buy cobb's hydration kit plan on buying a new bag as the on one included has fallen off for a number of people on this site.

The Ironman edition seat would be the same as a regular seat but with mdot logos. Only you can determine if thats worth extra money to you.

Thanks. It’s not. I was just comparing the “packaged” one with the extra $ and wondering what was different. Standard 55 is what I’m interested in trying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Cob JOF55 . I went through a half a dozen saddles (thankfully via my bike shop's eval program) before i found the one that was right.

I will say the flat kit bag behind the saddle is much nicer is practice than reality.
I ejected the kit during a race (luckily, i heard it fall because i flatted 10 miles latter) <there are now 2 safety pins in the velcro holding the bag in place so it is a non issue now>
It is a bit awkward to get into (and repack afterwards) <currently it is just holding a tube and co2; levers and a multi-tool are in my bento box>
and ... if needed, you can likely fit a tub between the rails on the saddle

... but having said that, the bracket is perfect for rear hydration (just periodically check to make sure that you have all 3 screws in place)

I do the same thing as them, just slower
Quote Reply