Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Pool swimmers. Talk to me about goggles [friesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The default mid price goggles would be Vanquisher 2.0 mirrored. If you want to splurge get her a Jolyn gift cert for a suit about $60ish. The swedes are love/hate for most people.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've always swam with TYR special ops 2.0 goggles. The clear ones for indoor pools and such - and polarized for open water. I do wish the polarized ones were a tad darker as sunrise hits my eyes HARD off the water. Overall I like them a lot.

Affordable and reliable. Just my experience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll add in again on find her preferences. Everyone has different likes and dislikes for goggles. For example I broke my nose in my younger and wilder days so I don't do well with goggles that have a hard or inflexible nose piece and need either soft open water goggles or swedes. I've read of Asian's having difficultly finding goggles because of the eye socket shape. For a long time I was a swedes fan, then went to the Aquasphere Keyanne. Although I haven't had the problem some people say that the chlorine wears them out quicker. Sometimes in the pool I still use my old swedes just in case so I don't where those puppies out. With all that said I've had two pairs for a long time and it's years before they start to leak.

Ok, here's the deal for real. Goggles are super subjective. Especially given face and eye fit. If they're on an 18 year old's Christmas list I doubt she wants a pair of $2 swedes... Me personally, even when I'm in the pool I like the cool and hip look of mirrored goggles. Which is funny because I've just been using black for the last few years since I didn't want to drop and extra $10 for the mirror tint. Better yet find out what she was using before and get her that. In the pool tint doesn't matter for a damn. So get her what she likes style wise.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply

Prev Next