Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which Aftermarket Aerobar Appeals to You and Your Pocketbook Enough to Consider It?
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aftermarket Aerobar Appeals to You and Your Pocketbook Enough to Consider It? [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the MORF bar is the only one thatÂ’s really on my radar (should get mine sometime soon). I already have my position pretty dialed in and I have one short course race I do every year that looks ideal for that bar because there are a ton of turns.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aftermarket Aerobar Appeals to You and Your Pocketbook Enough to Consider It? [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where are they at with their design refinement at the moment? They were still working on a few things a couple of months ago.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aftermarket Aerobar Appeals to You and Your Pocketbook Enough to Consider It? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Green,

How have you communicated the specs to Frank about getting the Morf bars so that they work with your bike fit? I am most likely getting a Morf bar (if not I will get the PD Aeria Ultimate). My biggest concern about the Morf is a lack of adjustability and so really making sure what you get works with your bike position and fit is important and I would love to know how you did that. Thx.

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When are Mat's 51-Speedshop products coming out and will they just be limited to the extensions?

Straightenin' the curves; Flattenin' the hills
------------------------------------------------------------
Coached by Mike Plumb @ TriPower MultiSports
https://www.strava.com/athletes/1149072 - https://www.instagram.com/thoswoods/
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aftermarket Aerobar Appeals to You and Your Pocketbook Enough to Consider It? [More Cowbell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello More Cowbell and All,

You are probably thinking of the young 'real' Neal Henderson at Apex Coaching http://apexcoachingco.com/coaches/neal-henderson/ who may have the answer to your question.

I am the old cyborg 'age group' Neal Henderson that makes View-Speed Inc. products .... http://www.view-speed.com

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Messy cabling and a mile of spacers? Surely they could have done better than that...
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aftermarket Aerobar Appeals to You and Your Pocketbook Enough to Consider It? [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For most bikes it would probably only need a proper stem to clean it up
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aftermarket Aerobar Appeals to You and Your Pocketbook Enough to Consider It? [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello Grill and All,

As noted an aero stem and cable rerouting solves a lot of that.

With the mechanics established ...... some creative tinkering will create the metamorphis from Buzz Lightyear mechanical function to Boom aero function I'm thinkin'.

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Last edited by: nealhe: Dec 12, 17 12:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:

Messy cabling and a mile of spacers? Surely they could have done better than that...

The position pad to bar stack height can't be adjusted either.
Last edited by: Shambolic: Dec 12, 17 12:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That was before he got his tricked out Quintana Roo. He needs to get some new photos up on his site.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aftermarket Aerobar Appeals to You and Your Pocketbook Enough to Consider It? [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
Where are they at with their design refinement at the moment? They were still working on a few things a couple of months ago.

As of the last update, the design was finalized and he'd built a couple of fixtures to fatigue test the bars in various ways (opening and closing, shock testing, etc), and he was working through fixtures that would let him machine the components for ~10 bars at a time. His machine shop (which is based in the U.S, and I think is owned by a friend of his) was running behind which, IIRC, is the primary delay at the moment.

He's also working on some stuff for oil rigs that might be a bit more important (to his pockets and the pockets of others) than an aero bar ;) That project is probably cooler than the MORF bar too.

I'll see if I can get him to come here and chime in.
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aftermarket Aerobar Appeals to You and Your Pocketbook Enough to Consider It? [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanrafaeltri wrote:
Green,

How have you communicated the specs to Frank about getting the Morf bars so that they work with your bike fit? I am most likely getting a Morf bar (if not I will get the PD Aeria Ultimate). My biggest concern about the Morf is a lack of adjustability and so really making sure what you get works with your bike position and fit is important and I would love to know how you did that. Thx.

He's working on a fit guide. So far, my communication with him has basically rested on pad stack and reach from the center of the clamping area. I have those specs written down on a post it somewhere...

The MORF bar, admittedly, has some fit quirks. For example, if you run the pads ahead of the bar and tilt the bars up you'll increase stack and decrease reach slightly. The inverse is true if you run the pads behind the bar. There will be independent stack adjustment but that could result in somewhat significant drop to your grips (which you can rectify by tilting your bars slightly up... which ends up being really comfy btw, take a look at Tony Martin's tilted pad setup for horizontal forearms).

The long and short of is, the MORF will be more work to dial in to your fit than the best of breed bars out there and you'll probably be a bit more restricted with fit range given how little stack adjustment is being built into the frames themselves these days (they're basically being built for one stem height).
Quote Reply
Re: Which Aftermarket Aerobar Appeals to You and Your Pocketbook Enough to Consider It? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, that was helpful. I'll pass it along to my bike fitter when I visit him.

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply