Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Awesome News! Gropey McTongueraper Pledges to Regain Trust (New Statement)
Quote | Reply
I'm sure it's just what folks on the left side of the aisle were waiting for, so that they can say he apologized and what more do we want? No doubt, the Moore folks are clapping their hands in approval, as that pretty much seals his win in next month's Alabama senatorial contest. Does anyone think Alabamans are going to toss Moore over the side as long as Al Franken and John Conyers are oozing lecherously around the halls of the Capitol? ;-)

"“I feel terribly that I’ve made some women feel badly and for that I am so sorry, and I want to make sure that never happens again,” Franken said in a Thanksgiving Day statement.

“And let me say again to Minnesotans that I’m sorry for putting them through this and I’m committed to regaining their trust.”

Franken did not address in his new statement whether or not he planned to stay in office. A spokesperson for the senator told the Star Tribune on Thursday that Franken had no intentions to step down."

Franken pledges to regain trust in Thanksgiving apology | TheHill

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome News! Gropey McTongueraper Pledges to Regain Trust (New Statement) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Does anyone think Alabamans are going to toss Moore over the side

Yes.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome News! Gropey McTongueraper Pledges to Regain Trust (New Statement) [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone think Alabamans are going to toss Moore over the side

Yes.

Apparently, several polls show him up 6-7 points over Doug Jones, his Democratic challenger. (Jones did himself no favors by declaring a southern border wall "too expensive," and then following up with his observation about how there should be "limits" on the 2nd Amendment... in Alabama of all places. ;-)

A lot can happen between now and election day. If this is true oppo research politics, then the anti-Moore folks are reserving their hardest hit for the weekend before the election. We shall see what we shall see, right?

Quote Reply
Re: Awesome News! Gropey McTongueraper Pledges to Regain Trust (New Statement) [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
   well it's two more women, so it makes sense he'd now be doubly sorry. ;) Reality is it looks like there is pushback from the highest offices in the land against holding people accountable for their past, even recent past, behavior. Washington is trying to re-close Pandora's box, and whatever progress women feel they are suddenly realizing, is in danger of being stopped and reversed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
We shall see what we shall see, right?

You are a true prophet.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome News! Gropey McTongueraper Pledges to Regain Trust (New Statement) [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
Quote:
We shall see what we shall see, right?

You are a true prophet.

I am a prophet for my time, sir. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Awesome News! Gropey McTongueraper Pledges to Regain Trust (New Statement) [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:
well it's two more women, so it makes sense he'd now be doubly sorry. ;) Reality is it looks like there is pushback from the highest offices in the land against holding people accountable for their past, even recent past, behavior. Washington is trying to re-close Pandora's box, and whatever progress women feel they are suddenly realizing, is in danger of being stopped and reversed.

ItÂ’s not working out as planned (#metoo).

Too many democrats getting caught. Time to put the genie back in the bottle.

And speaking of genie...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome News! Gropey McTongueraper Pledges to Regain Trust (New Statement) [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dave_w wrote:

Interesting piece:

The Sexual “Reign of Terror”: How we got here and where we’re going

Some pundit on the right observed recently that all these "sexual harassment torpedoes" were put into the water by the left with the expectation that they'd take out the Orange-Haired Wonder, but now those torpedoes have circled back around and are seeking out other targets to strike, and that the left is in shock they're being held just as accountable as the right for the new sexual harassment environment they put in place over the past 20 years.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You seem to have a particular hard on for the Senator from the North. Did he also grope you or is this full blown FDS?

I saw it in my newsfeed this morning is not an acceptable answer. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Maybe, but too much crap pops up on that page and I can't read the story.

The internet is getting too annoying. Especially forget trying to look up sports standings or statistics.

More and more I'm staying informed by perusing the LR. Also finding out that all that information I was getting is a useless waste of time.

________
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The LR acts as my news aggregator. If it isnÂ’t discussed here itÂ’s very likely that I will totally in the dark about it.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome News! Gropey McTongueraper Pledges to Regain Trust (New Statement) [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
The LR acts as my news aggregator. If it isnÂ’t discussed here itÂ’s very likely that I will totally in the dark about it.

What do we think the ratio is here between legit poster to Russian operative?
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome News! Gropey McTongueraper Pledges to Regain Trust (New Statement) [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Duffy wrote:

What do we think the ratio is here between legit poster to Russian operative?

You canÂ’t be serious...

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome News! Gropey McTongueraper Pledges to Regain Trust (New Statement) [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that Facebook is on to them, the next logical place is off-topic triathlon forums
Quote Reply
Re: Awesome News! Gropey McTongueraper Pledges to Regain Trust (New Statement) [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
??? ????????? ??????.

- Chinese proverb
Last edited by: Duffy: Nov 24, 17 20:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm joking.
Quote Reply